Author Topic: What kind of glass frame looks good on bald head/crop hair cut ?  (Read 121898 times)

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: What kind of glass frame looks good on bald head/crop hair cut ?
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
I wear contacts mostly, but do have a pair of Oakleys that I really like.  I will have to post a pic with them sometime. 

Razor, maybe when you go to chose new frames, you can take pics of some you are thinking about.  Just tell the tech that you will need a day or two to decide.  Then you can post the pics and we can give you feedback.  (this actually started as a joke, but now I think it may not be a bad idea).   

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »
I just looked at some Oakleys online.  It's the same dilemma -- they all seem to be rectangular and I don't really like how I look in rectangular frames.  I suppose I'll have to try some on sometime and see if I can find something that works.
Did you just look at their subscription frames or all?
They offer subscription glasses as extras for the lifestyle, active and sport-frames as well.

Rob

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:45 AM »
Razor

Glasses are a focal point for those of us who are totally bald  - - -I think the straight sided Oakleys look so good with a bald head - -They are easy  to wear and bring out the best of being BALD.

Have you  tried  them?   I think you would look good with different shaped lenses  - - - -you are so used to the round ones  - - -change  - -A good looking guy will always be a good looking guy - - -round or square lenses.

Hope you get the Oakleys

Richard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:40 AM »
I just looked at some Oakleys online.  It's the same dilemma -- they all seem to be rectangular and I don't really like how I look in rectangular frames.  I suppose I'll have to try some on sometime and see if I can find something that works.
Did you just look at their subscription frames or all?
They offer subscription glasses as extras for the lifestyle, active and sport-frames as well.

Rob

Yes, I looked at all of them.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 06:20:54 AM »
My preference is for a pair of medium sized tortoise shell frames. I've worn spectacles since I was about 6. I tried contact lenses when I spent a fair amount of time on television but since my real work keeps me around caustic fumes, they're a very poor choice. Too, I'm 6'5" and what would look oversize on others seems appropriate on me. One needs to consider the size of the person, the spread of the eyes, the bridge of the nose etc. when making a selection. Also, having a pair of glasses to take off at stressful moments can buy you a few seconds to think.....

Offline brannon67

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
Depends on your facial features, like if your face is an oval shape, round, square jaw, heart shaped, etc. Also, skin color, etc. So, it really depends. That's why those who wear glasses, have to try on many pairs to find out what looks good. I find that the plain black Ray-Bans (smaller rectangle frame and lenses) look the best on me.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
I don't know how others in here feel about round lenses but that's what I have and I really like them.

Funny story about how I happened to end up with glasses. My girlfriend and I were watching a movie a few months ago and there was a sequence where this guy is sending and receiving texts. Every time a message went out or came in a little balloon came up on the tv screen which I couldn't read so I kept asking her "what does that say". So after about the 5th or 6th time I ask her what it says and she replies "it says that you need to go to the eye doctor". You know the rest.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »
@buddha I usually prefer square frames, but the round frames look good on you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2017, 10:13:02 AM »
I use to always wear the wire rim glasses . But the last few pair have been plastic. I like the change and find them more comfortable, and taking them on and off frequently easier.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Enter your email address: