Author Topic: What kind of glass frame looks good on bald head/crop hair cut ?  (Read 122082 times)

Offline allegrodonfuoco

• Sly Jr.
Re: What kind of glass frame looks good on bald head/crop hair cut ?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »
I agree that it's more an issue of your face-shape and facial features as well as your personal style.  I think the thick black glasses can look good on somebody with the right face and the confidence to pull them off.  I tend to lean towards the slightly more imposing frames... For whatever reason, I find the rimless or really thin metal frames to not really work on my face... Just my opinion.

I just recently got new glasses. I went from a metal frame to thicker plastic frame (not Emo thick... but thicker than the metal).  I like they way they look a lot (plus I really needed plastic frame bc I tend to abuse my glasses - unintentionally - and the thin metal frames get bent out of shape way to easily).  

I don't know if I hide behind my glasses, but after wearing them for years they almost feel like a part of your face and it's weird to not have them on.  I feel almost naked without them (plus the whole not being able to see thing is a bummer).  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:20:39 AM by Tyler »

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »

Jason Bradbury off the Gadget Show over here in the UK (funny bloke)  http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show

Looks oddly like Moby.

Offline allegrodonfuoco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »
Here's a picture of my new glasses...  They're plastic but have a pretty thin frame (compare to say, the guy from Weezer... haha).  Sorry, I'm a little squinty... I wanted to take the pic outside in some natural light (the sun was very bright!) so you could see my nice tweezed head too!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 06:47:47 PM »
Here's a picture of my new glasses...  They're plastic but have a pretty thin frame (compare to say, the guy from Weezer... haha).  Sorry, I'm a little squinty... I wanted to take the pic outside in some natural light (the sun was very bright!) so you could see my nice tweezed head too!

Great pic!! expecially great looking shadowfree dome!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:32 PM »
The glasses selection is a good match on you, and yes, the shadow-free dome looks awesome.  You remind me a little of what that guy Danny from last season's American Idol would look like if he shaved his head -  he's the dude who sported about 20 different pairs of the same style glasses
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:32:32 PM by Stu »
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
Yeah, looks really good!  8)
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline shannonwells830

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 01:04:49 AM »
I have thin wire frames on mine.  I will post a pic tomorrow when I have better light than a webcam offers.  I personally Hate, loathe, despise the thick black frames on anyone.  In fact, in the military, we called those BCG's - Birth Control Glasses.  A woman takes one look at those, and no sex for you.  :)

Unfortunately, I no longer have the contact lens option.  I lacerated my cornea in February and due to medical negligence in the emergency room, I ended up with a baterial infection that ate away all but one final layer of my cornea in my right eye.  I now require a corneal transplant and will be going back in late September for re-evaluation for surgery.  I am holding out for my Aussie mates who successfully harvested stem cells from a patient's good eye to regrow a fresh cornea in the lab for transplant.  No anti-rejection medications, faster recover and no need for synthetics.  Nearly as good as nature.  If I can get that, it would ne golden.  Until then, i will deal with being 80% blind in my right eye.

Lessons to take away.   1) Stay away from the thick frames if you want a sex life.  2) Take care with contacts.  3) You only get one set of eyes.  Treat them well.

I am sorry for what happened to your eye.  But I was wondering if you've taken legal action for what happened to you.  You have a probable lawsuit there if you can prove that there is really medical negligence on their part.  A solicitor could help you file some medical negligence cases on the negligent doctors or staff that have treated you and caused you your eye injury.  Take some time thinking about it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:06:20 AM by shannonwells830 »

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
I wore glasses for years, but could not stand them.  I hate always having to clean them and so forth.  I am now wearing contacts and I love them.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »
I wear wire rim glasses and like them alot.

Sorry to hear about your eye trouble Marty. I wish you the best of luck. My wife has extreme myopia and can't see very well. We are thankful for the vision that she does have. She had severasl eye hemorrages which could not be treated by laser as it would destroy all of her central vision. One eye did heal. The other eye is pretty much gone.  SHe also has very thin retinas. Not a good situation but we deal with it the best we can. I have a couple of friends that have had cornea transplants. One was getting a second one today. I hope that things get better for you. They have come a long way in treatment for eyes. Lets hope that things will get better in the future.

Take care.

I

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »
the style suits you O0

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
I like the idea of rimless glasses, but won’t touch them as I am too rough with my glasses.  My first pair of rimless broke. I went to semi rimless; where the top half has a rim and the bottom half has no rim.  I also found these a bit weak.  I need robust glasses.  Now I am back to full rimmed glasses but with a relatively thin frame.  I agree with the comments about the thick black frames looking ugly.  These are not only ugly, but look hideous, something reserved for a person like Napoleon Dynamite.

I chose my recent glasses before I went sly.  I think my current glasses suited me better with hair.  A chrome dome dictates a specific type of glasses, I think. I will definitely change my glasses frame to suit my bald nut when my health insurance allows me to
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
Go get a pair of Oakley's   with the straight back sides  - - - - -they show off your bald head  --are easy to wear and I think sexy looking  - -
 Met a guy in Bermuda this past June - - -he had them on and and they looked great - - -
I came home and bought sunglasses and regular glasses  - - - I have them on - - -I love them.
Several bald guys I know have gotten Oakley's  as a result of seeing mine.

theman

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 07:12:15 PM »
Great info. Gents !  There is alot to be said here.  I like Titanum Spring hinges, but also like the Black Stems.  Mango, has a point about showing off the Stems to pronounce the Sly look.  I do have a pair of reading glasses, that have these and have had compliments on them. 

Offline theebaldguy

• Sly Penguin
  • Super Sly
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
I have two pairs of prescription glasses, and one is Oakley. I'm wearing them in my avatar pic. I do like the straight stems that Oakley has. I bought a pair of department store reading glasses that resemble my Oakley glasses, in that they also have the straight stems, plus they are similar in shape and color.
Just say no to rugs!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 05:58:55 AM »
I don't know if I hide behind my glasses, but after wearing them for years they almost feel like a part of your face and it's weird to not have them on.  I feel almost naked without them.

Great pic and can see you pay particular attention to that designer stubble.

Started wearing glasses myself about 4 years ago and drifted to full time wearing. So know what you mean them feeling part of your face. The slippery slope of wearing spectacles.

Plus, it's not dignifying having to pull funny faces as you squint to try and see stuff. Just wear your glasses and be done with it ! Plus they can be a good accessory to the sly look.

Enter your email address: