Author Topic: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?  (Read 175591 times)

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:56:23 PM »
Ok, I know this has probably been answered, but is there any way we can get a full list of which blades are compatible with the 2 different HB adaptors?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:36:21 PM by Tyler »

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
Re: Full List?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
I'm not sure about a full list, but I know the "Sensor" adaptor will fit all of the Gillette Sensor blades of course, as well as here in canada the Shoppers Drug Mart's " Life" brand and the Shick extreme 3. Oh and ther is also the Persona blades that as well. I think that Persona is sold in the U.S.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline jagman

• Sly Guy in Training

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »
My suggestion would be to contact Head Blade. They aim to please and I'm pretty sure you'd get some kind of answer in no time at all.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
Here's as full of list as I know:

Yellow Adapter:

HeadBlade Double and Triple blades
Gillette Atra Blades and Atra Plus (USA)
Any blade that says they are compatible with Gillette Atra razors.

Black Adapter:

Gillette Sensor and Sensor Excel
Gillette Sensor Triple blades
Persona Double and Triple blades
Any blade that is compatible with Gillette Sensor razors

Here's something I found to help a little more:

Gillette Atra, Contour, Vector - The blade clips onto the handle at two points and pivots up and down, which is supposed to make the blade follow the curves of your skin better than the Trac II and earlier razors. The Vector may be the only one still being made. It's almost identical to the later Atra and Contour that used a plastic handle rather than a metal one. I think the word "Plus" in the Vector means something different from other Gillette razors. Instead of referring to the lubrication strip, it refers to a push mechanism in the cartridge that cleans out the hair between the two blades.

Other brands that fit - Personna Auto, Personna Duofit, Schick Super II, Schick Slim Twin (the cartridge is thinner, but should still fit; this is not the current disposable Slim Twin razor), Schick Ultra Plus, Wilkinson Contact Plus, Wilkinson Profile, Old Spice High Endurance (triple blade), Noxzema Triple Blade, Headblade, Merkur.

Note that some blades are made to fit both Atra and Trac II type razors. On some pivoting razors, this kind of blade may not pivot as much as a blade without Trac II fittings.

UPDATE - Compatibility isn't exact with the Schick Slim Twin. I've had success using the Slim Twin cartridge in more than one pivoting razor, but other people have reported problems.

Gillette Sensor, Sensor Excel, Sensor 3 - Newer than the Atra, with somewhat different pivoting of the blade and the added feature of each blade in the cartridge flexing individually. The Sensor 3 uses a triple blade, but it fits the same. American Safety Razor also makes compatible handles and triple and twin blades.

Other brands that fit - Acti-Flexx (twin blade), Tri-Flexx (triple blade) - both of these will also be labeled "Personna" or have a store brand name.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 06:43:59 PM »
Tyler, the list of which blades fit which adaptors is EXACTLY what I was looking for, I lost my black adaptor that came with the HB and don't wanna get new ones.  So I'm looking for what fits that specifically.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:07 PM »
Has anyone found just the adapters in the stores?  I want to get some spares, but the only way I can find them is with the razor or with the triple blades.  I want the black adapter though.  I wasn't sure about ordering them since shipping will probably be more than the adapters themselves.

Offline justinlane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 06:52:44 PM »
Has anyone found just the adapters in the stores?  I want to get some spares, but the only way I can find them is with the razor or with the triple blades.  I want the black adapter though.  I wasn't sure about ordering them since shipping will probably be more than the adapters themselves.

That's my other question, if I can get the replacements in a store it'd be so much better.  Kind of pointless to get them shipped unless I'm ordering something else as well.

Offline 1000

• Crazy Bald Guy!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 08:16:03 PM »
Good luck with finding the adaptors in retail stores. You have to buy them from the headblade website. That's why I have been putting off buying buying the headblade. But I broke down and bought a headblade yesterday.
God Bless our Men and Women serving in the United States Armed Forces.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »
Tyler, the list of which blades fit which adaptors is EXACTLY what I was looking for, I lost my black adaptor that came with the HB and don't wanna get new ones.  So I'm looking for what fits that specifically.

Here's all the blades that fit the yellow adapter:

Gillette Atra, Contour, Vector - The blade clips onto the handle at two points and pivots up and down, which is supposed to make the blade follow the curves of your skin better than the Trac II and earlier razors. The Vector may be the only one still being made. It's almost identical to the later Atra and Contour that used a plastic handle rather than a metal one. I think the word "Plus" in the Vector means something different from other Gillette razors. Instead of referring to the lubrication strip, it refers to a push mechanism in the cartridge that cleans out the hair between the two blades.

Other brands that fit - Personna Auto, Personna Duofit, Schick Super II, Schick Slim Twin (the cartridge is thinner, but should still fit; this is not the current disposable Slim Twin razor), Schick Ultra Plus, Wilkinson Contact Plus, Wilkinson Profile, Old Spice High Endurance (triple blade), Noxzema Triple Blade, Headblade, Merkur.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 04:15:02 PM »

That's my other question, if I can get the replacements in a store it'd be so much better.  Kind of pointless to get them shipped unless I'm ordering something else as well.

Here's the way I do the math:

Each 3-pack of adapters costs around 6 bucks from HB.  When you factor in shipping it comes in at 10, maybe 15 bucks total.  That's about the same as a new HB Sport.  Now, since getting a 3-pack of adapters is like getting 3 new HB's, I consider it to be a great value over the long run.  Also, when you order anything from HB, they usually throw in some pretty cool free stuff, like samples of their creams and stickers and such.

Offline TylerLutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »

Here's the way I do the math:

Each 3-pack of adapters costs around 6 bucks from HB.  When you factor in shipping it comes in at 10, maybe 15 bucks total.  That's about the same as a new HB Sport.  Now, since getting a 3-pack of adapters is like getting 3 new HB's, I consider it to be a great value over the long run.  Also, when you order anything from HB, they usually throw in some pretty cool free stuff, like samples of their creams and stickers and such.

Year ordering from HB is great!  They always throw in stuff and when you are about to check out they hit you with last minute deals which you could save even more money when purchasing.

BaldRob

Re: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

If your local Walgreens carries the HB Double or Tripleblades, they typically come with some new adaptors also...

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 01:02:15 PM »
The HB S4 Shadow comes with 2 adapters with the shape of the yellow one but in black color to match the dark body of the razor. I wonder if these will be available as spares.
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline halffast

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Freshly shaved head Feb 9/10
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 09:02:35 PM »
Here's as full of list as I know:

Yellow Adapter:

HeadBlade Double and Triple blades
Gillette Atra Blades and Atra Plus (USA)
Any blade that says they are compatible with Gillette Atra razors.

Black Adapter:

Gillette Sensor and Sensor Excel
Gillette Sensor Triple blades
Persona Double and Triple blades
Any blade that is compatible with Gillette Sensor razors

Here's something I found to help a little more:

Note that some blades are made to fit both Atra and Trac II type razors. On some pivoting razors, this kind of blade may not pivot as much as a blade without Trac II fittings.

UPDATE - Compatibility isn't exact with the Schick Slim Twin. I've had success using the Slim Twin cartridge in more than one pivoting razor, but other people have reported problems.

Gillette Sensor, Sensor Excel, Sensor 3 - Newer than the Atra, with somewhat different pivoting of the blade and the added feature of each blade in the cartridge flexing individually. The Sensor 3 uses a triple blade, but it fits the same. American Safety Razor also makes compatible handles and triple and twin blades.

Other brands that fit - Acti-Flexx (twin blade), Tri-Flexx (triple blade) - both of these will also be labeled "Personna" or have a store brand name.

This is very useful information Tyler I am definitely liking this since my headblade is in the mail and should be here in 3-5 business days

Mark