Author Topic: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?  (Read 175672 times)

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
Re: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 11:39:39 AM »
Well I've had a chance to try these London Drugs blades, and I will say that if you ever come across any, run don't just walk away.
Managed to cut my skull for the first time since I went sly, was my own fault too, as right from the start I could tell they were not cutting smoothly.
I should have stopped right in the beginning, but no, I had to continue on until I managed a slice on the right-rear quadrant.

Offline snowpeck

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 12:25:29 PM »
The answer may be in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. Are there any other brands of three or four-blade razors that work with Headblade?

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, 11:08:50 PM »
The answer may be in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. Are there any other brands of three or four-blade razors that work with Headblade?

Check the start of this thread about the fifth one in .   By  Tyler.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
I sent an email to Headblade to inquire what blades, other than the HB4 and HB6 could be used with the ATX and didn't get the answer I was looking for so I am going to ask here and please feel free to point your finger at me and  :*)) if I am totally missing the answer in this thread or elsewhere in the forums.   

What non-Headblade blades (if any) can be used on the Headblade ATX other than the HB4 and HB6?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:38:37 PM by Roger »

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
I sent an email to Headblade to inquire what blades, other than the HB4 and HB6 could be used with the ATX and didn't get the answer I was looking for so I am going to ask here and please feel free to point your finger at me and  :*)) if I am totally missing the answer in this thread or elsewhere in the forums.   

What non-Headblade blades (if any) can be used on the Headblade ATX other than the HB4 and HB6?

Still no answer

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Re: Full List of Blades to use with HeadBlade?
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:53 PM »
I'm sure I answered this in another thread.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »
I'm sure I answered this in another thread.

Yup, you did.  Or at least I think you did. Or maybe I think that I think that you did.  Or mayb......

Tilt... tilt.... tilt... tilt...  :/O

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2014, 02:19:37 AM »

What non-Headblade blades (if any) can be used on the Headblade ATX other than the HB4 and HB

Still no answer

Is it right that the Gillette adapter can only be used on the sport and not on the ATX?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »
No.  I use Sensor blades on my ATX.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2014, 05:36:53 AM »
No.  I use Sensor blades on my ATX.

I am sure it states on the Headblade site that it is only recommended for use with the sport?

http://www.headblade.com/product/91207.html

Offline xexen

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
I found some disposable triple blades by "Pacific" at Big Lots which are 6 for $2.00. Blades detach from the handle easily and work with the yellow adapters. They pivot more than the HeadBlade triples but work. Attached is an image of the packaging.

Offline Sciencerocks

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2014, 04:38:14 AM »
Thanks for all replies in this thread! Very useful.

I am an ATX user, and want to try some other blades. If I understand correctly, standard ATX adaptor is not compatible with any blades other than HB4/HB6, so I have 2 options:

1) (BAD OPTION) Simply order Sensor Adaptor 3-Pack (http://www.headblade.com/product/91207.html) and try it with my ATX. NOT recommended according to product description on Headblade site.

2) (BETTER OPTION) Order new HeadBlade Sport, which I assume comes with a yellow adaptor + order black Sensor Adaptor 3-Pack.
This way I'll be able to use:
  • with standard (yellow) adaptor - Gillette Atra/Vector 3 blades
  • with Sensor (black) adaptor: Gillette Sensor/Sensor Excel/Sensor 3 blades

... Am I correct?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:50:06 AM by Sciencerocks »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »
I use both the sensor adapter and yellow adapter on my ATX.  In fact I use HB triple blades and they work great.

Offline Sciencerocks

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »
Thank you, Tyler! Will try HB3, as well as Gillette blades with both types of adaptors on my ATX!

Offline notquitethere

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2015, 08:26:05 AM »
I discovered a new alternative this morning.  I have been experimenting with different options for all of my shaving needs, including Dollar Shave club(DSC).  My ATX with HB4 blade was lying next to my DSC 4 blade razor and I realized the blades looked identical except for color. So I flipped it over and looked at the attachment mechanism and what do you know...they are!

The DSC blade comes with an adapter to fit its handle.  It will pop off just like the HB adapter.  and the blades are identical.  So the blades that you can by for $6 shipped from DSC will work on your HB4 adapters.  I will take pictures later to post if anyone thinks that will help.

Enter your email address: