Author Topic: Shadow Free!  (Read 19033 times)

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
Re: Shadow Free!
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
Allegro... here's what you can expect after almost 3 years of tweezing (will be 3 years next October).
Can't remenber if I had shaved or not in that pic... guess I had shaven 3 days before...
actually ALMOST no shadow at all...

Have you experienced any permanent hair loss?  I'd imagine that eventually some of the hair just stops growing back after being repeatedly yanked out.

yes, even if I haven't let it grow for more than few days I can say that part of the top is completely bald now,
sort of receding hairline... the rest of the top is very sparse. Sides and back are fuller than the top, but still very sparse.
Anyway from a distance it looks completely bald even after few days without tweezing/shaving.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
yes, even if I haven't let it grow for more than few days I can say that part of the top is completely bald now,
sort of receding hairline... the rest of the top is very sparse. Sides and back are fuller than the top, but still very sparse.
Anyway from a distance it looks completely bald even after few days without tweezing/shaving.

Is any of that hair loss natural?  It's possible that your scalp would have been undergoing natural MPB anyway so if you've been bald for a while that could be the reason.  I mention this because if the hairloss was caused by the tweezing I'd imagine that the hair loss would be even across the scalp.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline allegrodonfuoco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 07:24:26 AM »
This is the epilator that I got.  It works really well for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Silk-%C3%A9pil-Xelle-System/dp/B000EZYKTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1252070151&sr=8-1

I would say that for me, about 3 days of regrowth is enough, although 4 would probably be better.  3 to 4 days of regrowth may seem like a lot but after you initially tweeze everything out, you can barely see 3 days of regrowth (unless you look really close) because it will be very sparse.  Even with three days regrowth, I think it still looks completely shadow free unless you look up really close.

I've settled into a good routine that seems to be working well for me.  I usually tweeze every 3 days and I do it in the evening.  I don't really have much redness now and it only takes about 20 minutes probably to retweeze all the regrowth.  It's not too painful at all anymore either.  Then the next morning, I shave.  When you tweeze, you will not get every single hair out every time.  Most of the hairs you don't pull all the way out will break off at the surface, so it's not like you have random hairs sticking up everywhere, but there will be spots that might have a slight stubble feel (maybe the amount of stubble you might have at night if you shaved in the morning).  I like to shave just in case I missed a hair or two in spots I can't see (like the back), plus the smooth as glass feeling of a tweezed and shaved head is so much better than shaved alone.  I hope that someday I can feel that way all the time, just from the tweezing.

As far as permanent loss, I've noticed that I have much less hair growing back than when I started, particularly on the top.  I've only between tweezing about a month and a half, so I doubt there is any change in my natural hair growth.  My hair was quite thin before, so I'm convinced that many of the hairs were just one tweeze away from being dead anyway...  Who knows if they'd grow back if I gave them long enough...  But the amount that I tweeze out each times seems to be less and less, which is a good sign.

Offline aleutiancowboy

• Sly
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »
I haven't shaved since Monday morning and will try my epilator again this weekend to see how it works. Will let you know how things turn out. Maybe I just didn't have enough hair growth the first time I tried it.
THERE ARE NO SMALL BRAINS JUST BIG HEADS

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
I haven't shaved since Monday morning and will try my epilator again this weekend to see how it works. Will let you know how things turn out. Maybe I just didn't have enough hair growth the first time I tried it.

Good luck!  O0

Offline kdog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2009, 08:39:06 AM »
kinda in between tweezing or lasering at the moment..but this tweezing thing looks like a good alternative. No point in doing it just once..if u can get a system going that doesn't take that long every couple of days then it seems like a great way to lose the shadow. and seems like it becomes easier the longer u do, then that sounds very promising.

hmm, have to buy an epilator and give this a go...turn the music to the max cos I might be screamin' !!!  ;D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:54 AM »
Any body had, or know someone who has had experience w/ No No?
http://www.my-no-no.com/nono-about.asp

Offline bandit1980ta

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:04 PM »
Any body had, or know someone who has had experience w/ No No?
http://www.my-no-no.com/nono-about.asp

My wife is wanting one of those. I am considering getting one "for her", but I will have to give it a try myself.

Offline howieLookAlike?

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
I really don't like the shadow look and/or the feel of the sand paper on my head, therefore I shave everyday (sometimes twice). I've been slick bald now for 4 yrs. now. I would like to find an alternative to shaving though.

I just heard about the nono hair removal device yesterday and was interested to know if anyone has had any results from this device? Does it work? If so, is it permanent? Do you still get peach fuzz? Are you really rid of the shadow look? How often to you have to use it?

I don't think I have the patience to tweeze, just seems like it would take too long for me. I would rather shave and be done with it in 15-20 mins. I have thought about laser though and now that the cost is coming down and it seems like salons are now offering it for the scalp, I might have to get it done.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »
I really don't like the shadow look and/or the feel of the sand paper on my head, therefore I shave everyday (sometimes twice). I've been slick bald now for 4 yrs. now. I would like to find an alternative to shaving though.

I just heard about the nono hair removal device yesterday and was interested to know if anyone has had any results from this device? Does it work? If so, is it permanent? Do you still get peach fuzz? Are you really rid of the shadow look? How often to you have to use it?

I don't think I have the patience to tweeze, just seems like it would take too long for me. I would rather shave and be done with it in 15-20 mins. I have thought about laser though and now that the cost is coming down and it seems like salons are now offering it for the scalp, I might have to get it done.

I'm with you - hate the sandpaper feel!

theman

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
I checked on one of those there NO NO's and damm they sent message after message cutting the price to get me to buy one of those.  They came down from $300.00 some to $200.00 plus shipping yeah right.   ;) O:O  Another sales scheme.