Author Topic: Teeth Whiteners  (Read 1870 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Teeth Whiteners
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
Anyone ever had this procedure done at a dentist or tried any of the over the counter products such as Crest White Strips?
If so, care to share your results? I've got very good teeth, but they're not as white as they could be. So, I'm considering looking into this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 03:12:04 PM by schro »

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Ollie_Boy

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Teeth Whiteners
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »
Hey Schro,

I have never had whitening done at the dentist but my cousin does on a regular basis and she spends a fortune every 3-4 months getting them redone.

As far as crest white strips, I personally stay clear from using those type of products because they are usually extreamly abrasive on the teeth and people have told me that they get a "tingling" sensation in their teeth after using the product.

I have a feeling that the cosmetic dentistry whitening is better for your teeth as they use UV lights to whiten them and it is effective imediatly rather than waiting 2-3 weeks to see a result.

Once again it boils down what works for you (or your pocket)!

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
Thinking about doing the cosmetic one myself.  I prefer the more immediate results.  I did the dentist one with the custom made dental trays and peroxide solution that comes in what looks like a hypodermic needle.  My teeth were really sensitive and it did not do much for tobacco stains.  (I know.  Quit smoking.)  They also started to become a bit transparent after a week but after I stopped, that improved.  All in all, they were really sore and I doubt I would do the long drawn out process again.

Crest White Strips were not any more effective than a whitening toothpaste in my opinion.  But they did not make my teeth sore.  They are a weaker version of what the dentist had me do.  They also only cover the front teeth and not all teeth.

If anyone has any personal experience with the cosmetic do-it-now procedure, let's hear it because I am on the verge of doing it myself unless I hear some negatives.

slyatlast

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
It may be just my imagination but it seems like my teeth were whiter after using the whitening pre-rinse mouthwash.