Author Topic: My take on the Panasonic ES8249K Linear Wet/Dry  (Read 1637 times)

Offline PHANTZM

• Sly Jr.
My take on the Panasonic ES8249K Linear Wet/Dry
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:07:07 AM »
My take on the ES8249K -

Ease of use: Fairly easy to use, I would recommend at a minimum using a shave oil and water with it. DO NOT press down too hard. ( for me especially around the temple areas) as it may cause some fairly bad irritation.

Closeness: Initially as good as a blade. Re-growth time is a little shorter, but you can use it anywhere so long as you charge it or carry the charger with ya. I have used it exclusively for over a week and a half now with good results. I do a touch-up shave in between jobs and here and there throughout the day.

Good points:
 1) With a razor , any small bump (bug bite, heat bumps, weld splatter, etc.) can be detrimental to a good shave (and a bloody mess.). With this, no worry about shaving off those little buggers.
 2) It is very comfortable when using due to the shape.
 3) It can be used in the shower or out.
 4) Cleaning it is easy, with or without using the included station.
 5) Due to it's generally small size it can be carried anywhere to use for touch ups as needed.
 6) It seems to work well dry, but is better with water and oil or a dab of HeadSlick. (The KoS shaving gel I have seems to cake up in it when using even the slightest amount though, so I don't recommend using a gel with it.)

Bad points:
 1) It is a bit heavy at first (I have never used an electric before).
 2) Replacement blades and foils seem to cost about as much as I paid for the razor itself. But all in all I think that they are worth it as I am very pleased with the shaver so far.

In closing:

Would i recomend this to anyone? - Hell yeah!
Am I glad I bought it? - Again, hell yeah !
I think I still prefer a razor for the everyday shave , but it is good to know that for touch ups and times when you need to stay away from a razor (see note 1 in good points) that this will fill in very well.