Author Topic: SlyBaldCon 2009 Louisiana - Day 1  (Read 21059 times)

marty22

Re: SlyBaldCon 2009 Louisiana - Day 1
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »
Where is 2010 being held? (Hopefully; closer to NYC)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals!!

Cheryl and I just got back around 7 PM this evening. That's a loong ass drive!!!! :/O

This was our the Koz contingents first Convention and man did we have a great time.
From the second we got out of our car at Paulie's home until we all shook hands and hugged when we left, it was a great time.

There was no awkwardness at all and it was just like visiting very old friends. This is a great group of guys. We all agreed that having the ladies there made the fun even better. In 15 years my wife has NEVER sang Kareoke.... until the Conference.

So here's what I have to say about everything and everyone:

1) Paulie and Leslie were great and gracious hosts. They invited usall into their home and made us all very comfortable. They even let a drunk Canadian and a drunker Midwesterner stay with them a couple of nights!!
Cheryl and Leslie hit it off almost immediately and boy i have no doubt they would be trouble together!
Paulie was like an old friend that I had known for years. He's an absolutely great guy.

2) Jer.... man what a great young guy. Just a nice guy with a sharp wit and a real zest for life. I enjoyed hanging out with him and look forward to seeing him in the future.
You wouldn't believe what he did Friday night!! He..................... OOPS! What happens at the Cnvention stays at the Convention! Too bad you missed it boys and girls!

3) SaintC... His visit was short because of Family obligations. But you can tell much about a good man in a short amount of time. This is a good man that I would absolutely LOVE to hang out for much longer.

4)Mel (Warhawk) and Andrea (Mrs. Warhawk).... Mel was everything that I thought he would be. Just an amazingly nice guy. I only wish that he and Andrea could have stayed the extra day. Andrea is awesome... just as Mel always tells us.... and her shyness vanished quickly with a few Lemon Drop shooters with her new Friend Mrs. Koz. And the gal likes to sing!!! Mel and Andrea are an amazing couple and I know we will see each other again.

5)CoonBilly (Barry) ... He's Paulie's best friend and a great guy. Quick witted with the gift of gab..... yes he can actually out talk me. I loved hanging out with him. He and his wife graciously opened their home to the whole gang on Saturday and we sat and drank some beverages while paulie cooked up that delicious Jambalaya. Thanks Barry for helping make our long trip worth it.

6) Multiple other friends of Paulie's....... all good guys and fun to be aorund. A lot of wild stories and good laughs. The DJ...PDot... was hands down the best DDJ I've ever seen play...... funny, foul and a pretty good dancer...... adn SLY as a cue ball!

7) And yes my friend Timmay!! You should ALL meet this guy. Tim os very much NOT like he is on this Forum. He's actually a little on the quiet side..... but still with a sharp wit. He can be damn funny. I loved hanging out with Tim and can't wait to see him again.

Thanks to all the locals who embraced our craziness..... particularly on Friday night!

A personal note here...... There is no way to describe to anyone that has NOT attended a Convention what it's like. Was it big and Grand.... no, much more personal and that's one reason it was so great. Meeting these guys in person was like seeing old friends. I felt like I've known these guys for years. You need to attend to really know what I mean.
Also..... the ladies being there. Not once were any of the guys styles cramped b y the ladies being there...... quite the contrary..... I think the guys really liked having them there. I know I did..... after all, Mel isn't Mel without Andrea and Paulie isn't Paulie withjout Leslie. Great Gals that know how to have fun.

The guys and I talked and we think that ladies that have attanded at least one Convention should have their own place on the Forum. Something special for them. Just a suggestion!

OK guys..... Cheryl and I have already talked about going next year. We now have some REAL FREINDS that we will look forward to seeing then!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
OK Mike said it all!  That is close to what I would have said, but Mike said it better.  Thanks to everyone who went.  Special Thanks go out to Paulie and Leslie who let us invade their home!

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 12:08:13 AM »
Well, Mike basically said it all!

Barry MAY be able to out talk you in person, but DAMN if you can't do it here...

Thank's Mike for the kind words!  There really is no other way to describe you and Cheryl.  You two are great and I can't wait to see you again.  Here's hoping it's sooner rather than later.

Just a quick update now before I head to bed.  I'm sitting here in Nashville in a hotel room, looking forward to getting up early to see the sights.  I left Timmay's this morning and got to Memphis to spend the afternoon there.  I got to tour Graceland and walk around downtown.  Let me tell you guys, THAT would be an awesome place to have a convention!!!  So many blues bars in one place!!!

Anyway, I'm off.  I'm going to Jack's house in the morning for the tour there then the rest of the day in Nashville.  I'm not sure exactly WHEN I'll be home, but it'll be sometime in the next few days.

Jer

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 06:42:38 AM »
Be Safe Jer!  Have fun

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
like always... mike has hit the nail on the head (very well said).  i couldn't have said it any better.  so... i'll ditto what mike said.  my beautiful wifey & i R still on our vacation.  we will B headed 2 napa valley later 2 day. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
like always... mike has hit the nail on the head (very well said).  i couldn't have said it any better.  so... i'll ditto what mike said.  my beautiful wifey & i R still on our vacation.  we will B headed 2 napa valley later 2 day. 

WARHAWK O0

Sorry I got there after you left--one of these days we will meet, here, FL, someplace ;D.  Enjoy your time in my native state.

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:26 PM »
WOW- what did I miss? Sounds like a super time and you enjoyed each other's company  so much. I was at my 50th high school reunion- fun but would never match your time. Next year-any thoughts where it might be?
Bald Kahuna

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 08:11:07 AM »
WOW- what did I miss? Sounds like a super time and you enjoyed each other's company  so much. I was at my 50th high school reunion- fun but would never match your time. Next year-any thoughts where it might be?

Well those that were at the Convention may have an idea..... but we're all sworn to secrecy ....with the threat of being banned from future Conventions the penalty for speaking. ;)

Regardless of where it is... Mrs.Koz has already said that we are going. Man I love that Woman.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: