Author Topic: SlyCon 09 travelers  (Read 15693 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: SlyCon 09 travelers
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:06:32 PM »
Sean-

I'm glad you'll be able to make. Ihope your Mom is feeling better.

Always Family first my friend..........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 08:56:50 PM »
I can be a surprise guest.!  Thats only if you guys can`t handle your two beers and i have too come down there and drive you bums home........keep me posted..........              #**p

show up bro. i will need a dd!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 11:27:32 PM »
aarrggh...dude you had better show up!  If you can swing it that is.

Sean , bro...Glad you can make it.  I was begining to wonder what happened to you.  I had been calling and leaving you messages but wasnt get a response from you.  Hope things go well for your mom. 

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »
So here's a quick update for me!

I was going to leave early this morning to head to Tim's, but my truck started making some noise last night driving home from work.  I told Tim I'd be a day late so I can be sure it was ok.  Turned out I needed to replace the rear U joint on the drive shaft.  That's done though and so I'm all good.

The next problem though is with my eye.  My corneal ulcer decided of all possible times to flare up, so when I got up this morning I couldn't see.  I spent most of the day at the clinic and it's better now, but the doc wants to see me tomorrow afternoon to make sure it's gone down again.  I can't drive at all till he gives me the ok.

Already I'm feeling a lot better cause I caught it soon enough and I no longer have and blurred vision or sensitivity to light.  I'm 100% confident I'll get a go from the doc tomorrow then I'll be on the road.

I was called Tim to update him and wanted to update the rest of you.  I'm just glad they both happened before I left.  The unfortunate thing is I may be having to forgo contacts a few days.

Paul, We'll still be there Thursday!

Sean, I'm glad to hear your mom is ok and I hope you're able to make it still, just remember like Koz said, family comes first, so if you can't make it we'll understand.

Jer  :popo

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »
just get an eye patch and pretend you are a pirate!! lol  ok not really. take care of yourself and have safe travels. see you thursday!!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
just get an eye patch and pretend you are a pirate!! lol  ok not really. take care of yourself and have safe travels. see you thursday!!

Yeah get that patch!! And then if our Brother "AARRGGHH!" shows up you can walk around pointing at him and saying "aarrgghh" non-stop!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 06:18:36 PM »
LOL @ MikeKoz

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
....I just found out one of my buddies died in his sleep this morning ~heart attack they say~and of course everyone is devastated..I do not want too insult his family by not attending the services this week...As much as i hate funerals and any bad news it must be done..I will have too stand waaaaaay in the back of the service in case i shed a tear...   :'(   I don`t want anyone too think i`m a sissyboy....OH WELL~ and i suppose while i`m there i`ll be thinking about how he was only half way done cutting down a huge dying tree in my back yard--damit........
 >The only thing that will make me feel better tonight is a dream with AMY WINEHOUSE in it  ..just had too throw that in---NO SERIOUSLY !  mmm ~amy........................cheers.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:14:52 PM by aarrggh »

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 10:38:49 PM »
you are messed up! LOL

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 05:55:35 AM »
YOU DID`NT THINK I WAS DRIVING ALL THE WAY TOO" LOUISIANA" AFTER ONLY BEING ON THIS FORUM 2 WEEKS DID YA !... I gotta earn some respect first......No seriously i just found out one of my buddies died in his sleep this morning ~heart attack they say~and of course everyone is devastated..I do not want too insult his family by not attending the services this week...As much as i hate funerals and any bad news it must be done..I will have too stand waaaaaay in the back of the service in case i shed a tear...   :'(   I don`t want anyone too think i`m a sissyboy....OH WELL~ and i suppose while i`m there i`ll be thinking about how he was only half way done cutting down a huge dying tree in my back yard--damit.........I would like too be the first too officially sign up for SLY-CON "2010".. I dont care where it will be !...I`ll just hop in my Jeep and" go man go "....Not necessary too respond as i also find it hard too reply too any bad news posted by other members ( being a new guy and all )....
 >The only thing that will make me feel better tonight is a dream with AMY WINEHOUSE in it  ..just had too throw that in---NO SERIOUSLY !  mmm ~amy........................cheers.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. And Dude..... shed the tear.....it's good for a REAL man every now and then.........

As for the Amy thing.......... I can't offer any help.... I'm not professionally qualified to help with such a serious problem.....

Offline DaDi

• Sly
  • The 1st sly member in SBG from Greece!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 07:59:42 AM »
Sorry for interrupt your conversation guys but...
what is SlyCon?
An event for bald guys and gals maybe?
Can you give more info please? (a web address for this event maybe?)
Yea, right...

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 05:13:29 PM »
ALOHA TO ALL SBGUYS, ESPECIALLY THE Slycon guys:
I do wish it was possible to be there with you all- I'm just getting to know so many great guys through this- I've never done any online stuff like this but now on Facebook, etc.. I'm flying into San Jose from Maui this Friday for my 50th high school reunion for three days and on Tues. I'm having beers with Sly Ty Tyler. Some way, some how, I will be at the 2010 event- I'd love to host here on Maui but I know that may be a sretch for many. PLEASE send me on PM a cell phone for one or more of the GUYS that will be there as I'd love to call & join in lokg distance from Hawaii. Glad Mom's and eyes are better-travel & (crawl safe Timmj).  the Bald Kahuna,  Allen
Bald Kahuna

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Guys-

Slight change in plans for me and the Mrs.. We were originally going to leave about 4 AM Thursday and try to get there by lunch time Friday. We've decided to leave TOMORROW evening which means we should be there by Thursday evening.

So any of you guys that are arriving on Thursday, dial me up on my cell in the afternoon to let me know what's going on. If you don't have my cell # yet, PM me and I'll PM it back to you.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »
Don't forget to stop in North Carolina for barbeque and Cheerwine.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 05:54:09 PM »
Don't forget to stop in North Carolina for barbeque and Cheerwine.

Red

I think we'll have to do that on the way home because the "Q" joints will be closed when we pass thru. MMMMM....Carolina "Q"..... THE Best!