Author Topic: Having anxieties and wondering what to expect  (Read 13183 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Having anxieties and wondering what to expect
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
Chuck, Welcome...

I'm Johnny come lately on this one, but I will add one thing to Albert's post.

The lay-days like a smooth dome as much as they like longer hair, if not more.

Most likely it's not the same group of hotties that like BOTH long hair and the slick bean....but there's a growing number of them that dig on the shiny noggin, man. O0

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Welcome Chuck, not much to add to what everyone else has already said, except to say that what ever attracted the ladies to you in the first place was the real you.  That person is still there whether with hair or slick.  Willing to bet you will be a success.  Need a confidence boost, this is the place to be.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 11:02:38 AM »
Chuck, Welcome...

I'm Johnny come lately on this one, but I will add one thing to Albert's post.

The lay-days like a smooth dome as much as they like longer hair, if not more.

Most likely it's not the same group of hotties that like BOTH long hair and the slick bean....but there's a growing number of them that dig on the shiny noggin, man. O0

Yeah, I'm down with that bruvva Rob!! lol   ;) :-*
the only good thing about a man having hair is that you can grab it...  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »
Oh babe... :o
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
Oh babe... :o

...and for the third time today....What?!!!  >:D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 12:05:28 PM »
I never placed you as  hair puller that's all.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »
I never placed you as  hair puller that's all.

I envision Mbabe as the hair pullee  :*))

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
LMAO aint nuthin' like a bit of Wednesday wickedness!!  ;D

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 12:19:25 PM »
Hi

I am or have been in exactly the same boat as you.  I am 28 and started losing hair in my early 20's there is now no hair to speak of on the top of my head.  I have been through all the emotional crap, although have never taken anything for it, I am not criticising people who do, but i figured a lifelong dependency on drugs wasnt a good thing.  

Anyway I found this site and have found it a real help.  I dont think i have come on here and said, I feel awful about my hair loss, but generally i have talked about crap and just learned to acceot my baldness by talking to this bunch of guys (and girls - sorry magma and kory).  There is no way six months ago i would have posted a photo on an internet forum.  In fact i would have avoided most mirrors etc.  

Now, whilst i wouldnt say that i like being bald more than being hairy, i am more at ease with it.  I have come to realise that lack of hair rarely makes too much of a difference u still have the same hangups and often the hair is an excuse.  Now i can honestly say that i look in the mirror and think, that is ok, sometimes i even like what i see lol, yes there are things i dont like, i wish my head was less shiny, but then hey some people have a big nose, nobbly knees, or funny toes.  

I like many of the guys on here have an amazing (6 month pregnant) girlfriend and she has never ever said that my lack of hair is a problem to her.  In fact she says she prefers it and loves the freshly shaved feel.  I dont think i am any less or any more good looking than i was before, but now i just have less hair, the bonus is now that i am sly, and starting to enjoy that fact.  This site has helped in that acceptance.

Hang around speak to the guys, take their advice on board.  Ultimately whether you like your bald head or not (when it happens) I can assure you that it will look better shaved.  I havent seen one person on this site who looks worse shaved than thinning.

Take a couple of days of work and shave on a friday, in four days you will just have a tight buz cut anyway and half way to growing back.  

Let us know how you get on.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »
great post Argyle   :)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »
Thanks MB :)
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 11:21:50 PM »
Yeah, everyone has already said everything I would've said. I can tell you though, one thing women love more than hair.. is a man being confident when they don't have it! Now, go shave it all off and join the botherhood!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 11:24:01 PM »
Yeah, everyone has already said everything I would've said. I can tell you though, one thing women love more than hair.. is a man being confident when they don't have it! Now, go shave it all off and join the botherhood!

Ding, that is correct! $#!zzle
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 01:27:44 AM »
I was only slightly worried about what women would think about my shaved head, until a female friend of mine told me that she could just imagine what it would feel like on the inside of her thighs.
Probably TMI and, if so, I apologize for it.
and you haven't lived till you've sat in a bar and had strange women come up behind you and lick the back of your head...a very interesting experience

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 08:35:19 AM »
I was only slightly worried about what women would think about my shaved head, until a female friend of mine told me that she could just imagine what it would feel like on the inside of her thighs.
Probably TMI and, if so, I apologize for it.
and you haven't lived till you've sat in a bar and had strange women come up behind you and lick the back of your head...a very interesting experience

Ok....enough of the CONS.....what about the PROS? ;)