Author Topic: shoulders, abs, and cardio at 5:30 am  (Read 1905 times)

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
shoulders, abs, and cardio at 5:30 am
« on: July 01, 2009, 03:08:38 AM »
off to the gym.  Anyone, have any tips on energy cuz I  been lagging in the am so anything natural would be great!  Thanks, Baldking!

http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: shoulders, abs, and cardio at 5:30 am
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »
I'd suggest something simple, change up the routine a little, if you always do your routine in a set order, change it around.  Second, sometimes I find a cup of coffee works wonders for my concentration level, put it in a "go cup" and drink it on the way to the gym.  Finally, if you listen to music on an iPod or such, make sure it's music w/ a good beat--oddly enough although I'm not a big fan, ABBA can move my strides on the eliptical up by 5 to 10 a minute without any apparent effort.  It's the beat, obviously not the quality of the music.  I mistakenly start a track of ballads, and it really pushed down my energy level. 

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 10:47:18 AM »
Change up your pre-workout breakfast.  That helps me.  I recently read that CArnation INstant Breakfast is one of the best things you can eat/drink before a workout.  I tried it and it helped - might be a mental thing - I don't know.  Good luck.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
Change up your pre-workout breakfast.  That helps me.  I recently read that CArnation INstant Breakfast is one of the best things you can eat/drink before a workout.  I tried it and it helped - might be a mental thing - I don't know.  Good luck.

Also tastes really good and mixes well with protein powder  O0

Offline Shikantaza

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »
The Most natural thing is to force your internal clock to adapt... and it will.

Don't quite. If you quite you will reinforce your bodies tendency to feel sleepy at 5:30am. If you persist, your body will adapt.

After some time (a month or so) of feeling like crap at the wee hours, your body will adjust and you will have more energy and more fitness.

Good luck.

Shikantaza

Offline Shikantaza

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
 I'm not a big fan, ABBA can move my strides on the eliptical up by 5 to 10 a minute without any apparent effort

ABBA? Damn, what? I'm.... This is...... :o
ABBA?

Well, its worth a try I guess.
 :)