Author Topic: 6 Nations Rugger  (Read 10701 times)

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: 6 Nations Rugger
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 11:33:16 AM »
you're totally correct!! Been a Hammers fan ever since I was little. Really disappointed with their form this season, but we've had so much bad luck.  :(
It always kills me how we can beat teams like the gooners and Man U, yet crumble to those that we should just pummel into the ground. Sod's law I s'pose.....

And I'm behind your team all the way!!!
Good luck   :-*
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »
you're totally correct!! Been a Hammers fan ever since I was little. Really disappointed with their form this season, but we've had so much bad luck.  :(
It always kills me how we can beat teams like the gooners and Man U, yet crumble to those that we should just pummel into the ground. Sod's law I s'pose.....

And I'm behind your team all the way!!!
Good luck   :-*
Yes, she is DEFINITELY a West Ham fan!!  Made the fatal mistake one time asking MBabe if she liked Arsenal!!!!  Suprised my computer didn't blow up with her response... :/O.

Like Schro I played rugby in college.  Unlike Schro they didn't let me carry the ball much....second row was my place!  Played club a few years after that and loved it but got transfered in my job away from any of the clubs in the southeast US.

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 12:22:16 PM »

Yes, she is DEFINITELY a West Ham fan!!  Made the fatal mistake one time asking MBabe if she liked Arsenal!!!!  Suprised my computer didn't blow up with her response... :/O.

LMAO, Now why d'ya wanna go and use filthy language like that for?  ;)

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 01:09:23 PM »
I'll use your head as a rugger ball if I can get my mitts on it!!!   b0x3r

Ah don't be such a sore loser!  ;D

Our performance was abysmal We looked like we were asleep half the time.

It was, they never got into it.

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
I wondered how long it would take our Irish friend to mention this one :)  England are a mess at the moment as far as rugby and football are concerned.

Any chance to gloat i'll take it  ;D

England looked great in their last game, Wilkinson was awesome. They just never got going against Ireland for some reason.

Croke Park though......wow what a stadium...

Not bad for an amateur organisation, is it?

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
The thing is the Ireland are a different proposition to Italy and Scotland, give Wilkinson space and he is great, close them down and even the best in the world will look average at times.  I was amazed at just how slow we were with the ball and no one running onto passes, you cant make progress from a standing start!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
The thing is the Ireland are a different proposition to Italy and Scotland, give Wilkinson space and he is great, close them down and even the best in the world will look average at times.  I was amazed at just how slow we were with the ball and no one running onto passes, you cant make progress from a standing start!

True, there was no cutting edge to England at all, there wasn't anyone who looked like they could turn it around either.
Hopefully you'll bite back against France and do us a favour  ;)

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »
I doubt it, i think France will do us, but we will see you just never know if Jason Robinson is back that gives us a bit of variety.
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Brad

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »
There was a Ruby game on Fox sports Soccer channel this last weekend.  No Idea who it was.

I just found the Soccer channle about a week ago.  I have just recently become a Big Fan of SOCCER.  My daughter has been playing for several years now.  I coached softball last year with her soccer coach.  I am now his assistant coach.  That may be where a large part of my soccer watching is coming from. 

We are doing indoor soccer right now.  It has been a truely educational session for our girls.  we are in a U11 leauge.  Our Yougest players (2) are 7 oldest (1) 10.  Even though we have only won one game they are still very positive.

Go Arsenal.  Ok I really dont have a favorite team yet.  However I can be bought.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »
I'll give you 50pence and a bag of spanners if you support West Ham   :)

Offline Brad

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »
'm Forever Blowing Bubbles

I'm forever blowing bubbles,

Pretty bubbles in the air,

They fly so high,

Nearly reach the sky,

And like my dreams,

They fade and die,

Fortunes always hiding,

I looked everywhere,

I'm forever blowing bubbles,

Pretty bubbles in the air.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 05:26:47 PM »
I just read two pages worth of stuff and still have now clue what I just read... :/O
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »
I just read two pages worth of stuff and still have now clue what I just read... :/O

Could be the best post I've seen on this website. Coming from an "Ordinary American", that's awesome.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »

See it confused your typing too!  Sorry about the editing, just spent two hours grading students English papers.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:43:21 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »

See it confused your typing too!  Sorry about the editing, just spent two hours grading students English papers.

That's called changing your thought mid sentence and forgetting to re-edit.  DOH!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: