Author Topic: Product Called "Lectric Shave"  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Rhymez

• McGarry
  • Super Sly
  • Hip Hop 4 Life!
    • Notorious R-MC
Product Called "Lectric Shave"
« on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:20 PM »
I seen this commercial on tv for a product called "Lectric Shave". It's supposed to go on your face to make your hair stand up better so you can get a better shave. It shows the guy in the commercial using it to shave his beard, but if this stuff does work, dont see why you can't use it for your head as well.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: Product Called "Lectric Shave"
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 06:17:46 PM »
I have and I still do. If I'm in a hurry or do not need to shower/shave in the shower at the present time, I splash on some Williams Lectric Shave and mow the dome with my Panasonic 8243. Aside from standing the hairs up for easier cutting there is a slight oiliness to it that nearly eliminates friction. This stuff has been around for at least 30 years and the only thing about it that has changed is the bottle (from glass to plastic).
I give it 2 thumbs up!

O0 O0
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:34:41 PM »
Back when I shaved with an electric I used it; it corroded the razor.  The place where I replaced the head told me rubbing alcohol was just as good, and did not contain the additives which corroded the razor
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
I've heard of it and if I'm right so did my father. Once in awhile when I need a quick of face and or head I'll use it so, I know it's still around. I just think that there are too many products out there to do the same thing. Exfoiliating and Lubeing your head first and then using a brush to help lift the hairs and make em stand right up. IMO thats the way to do it.
It's all about attitude!