Author Topic: Should I Shaved ?  (Read 8474 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Should I Shaved ?
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:57 PM »
Hey Lionel,
First off, welcome! Trimming your hair is a big improvement in your appearance.
I noticed you mentioned you have psoriasis. I've suffered from sebborheic dermatitis for a number of years. However, I get complete relief from it as a result of shaving my head with a razor (I liken it to exfolliating). It's entirely possible that you may see a similar benefit with your psoriasis.

Good luck!

I also have psoriasis, and the one place I never have a patch is my scalp since I shaved.  The washing, and the exfoliating effect of shaving removes the excess skin, and some sun, not too much though helps with preventing the inflamation.  I would think that shaving will improve your condition for that reason.  Most, if not all, the ointments, lotions, etc. that the doctor prescribes for me have as their main effect the maintaining of a normal thickness of skin so that the flaking doesn't develop.   I wouldn't shave over an active area or eruption, but those come and go anyway. 
You're going to look very good shaved.  Trust us.

slyatlast

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »
Yep - shaving usually eliminates the dry patches.

You're so close to being where you need to be...that last step to a smooth head makes a big difference.  And there's nothing wrong with the shape or your head.  Looks like the perfect shape for a sly dome!

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 07:30:21 PM »
LOOKING GOOD !
when you adjust to this buzz cut, then run your head under the shower and soften the hairs and take shave cream and razor and clean everything off !  Sly Bald is for you !

adam_r_todd

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »
It looks great!  I'm sure you have received all kinds of compliments.  Much improved.  Now, take the razor to it.  You'll love it.   8)

Offline vilecoyote

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Young Sly !
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
I Do It  O0

During my holidays in Canada, i buy an Headblade and Sunday, i used it

Yesterday was my first day at the work with my shave head.

There was a person who does not love (But she has the easy criticism :-X), the others prefer me like that now.

I wait for the reactions of my other colleagues in September when they come back of holidays

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »
C'est fantastique!  (my French is very bad)  Great look. 

Now thirty days, you'll get used to the "stranger" in the mirror.  Enjoy the freedom.  My bet is that your psoriasis will also improve. 

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 10:33:18 AM »
I Do It  O0

During my holidays in Canada, i buy an Headblade and Sunday, i used it

Yesterday was my first day at the work with my shave head.

There was a person who does not love (But she has the easy criticism :-X), the others prefer me like that now.

I wait for the reactions of my other colleagues in September when they come back of holidays
Hey vilecoyote, I think it looks great. Where are you visiting in Canada, I am just 30 miles east of Toronto Ontario.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline vilecoyote

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Young Sly !
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »
I landed in Montreal, then visit Toronto and Niagara Falls, Quebec, Gananoque and 3 days in Montreal

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
Congrats, Vilecoyote!

You have a very good looking sly head:  O0

Keep on shaving.

J

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »
 O0 Ahoy, Lionel:
                          I wish my schoolboy French were up to answering you in your own language. Point is: you've got a great head shape and going completely slick/bald would flatter you, and likely provide you with a bold, clean, assertive new image. Go for it! If after 30 days you're not pleased, you can always grow your hair back to the present point. Good luck, and let us know, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 08:11:08 PM »
Looks terrific!   O0