Author Topic: How long will it take for people to come around  (Read 3120 times)

jimhend

How long will it take for people to come around
« on: June 30, 2009, 05:07:03 AM »
Hi Guys,

These days everytime I wear a cap, people at home or friends think I am hiding behind it. It is sunny and I don't want a burn, but this observation by people irritates me.
Also, you know, I hate the " you can still grow hair a bit" line that people I know keep throwing at me. My hair was thinning and so it is gone.

How long do you think will it take people to get used to my not having hair and doing the whole before-after thing, cos it really bothers me. For instance someone told me not to give them a bald pic of mine for a  yearbook but an earlier one. This irritated the hell out of me.

Sorry for this random rant. I am so irritated.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How long will it take for people to come around
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »
Well, for the yearbook deal, unless it was the dean, or head of school that can "do something" regarding your employment, give them the picture you want, the Sly One-I'm assuming. 
Hat? I live in a hot, semi-tropical climate, and part of my job is to go on site visits to areas damaged by natural disasters.  Other than that kind of "out in the sun" for hours type thing in 90+ degree farenheit weather, where I do use a hat, I depend and use a lot of sun screen, spf 30 or higher.  There's one by Neutragena that is spf 70--that my wife and daughter use who are red heads and fair skinned.  It's advantage is is give a really bright gleaming shine.  Otherwise, it's spf 30, and no hat.  I don't like them, and I've got a big head so no matter how large the hat, I get a line around my head that lasts about 15-30 minutes. 
It takes a couple of months for the nay sayers to accept the fact that you've dealt w/ your mpb in a reasonable fashion, no drugs, no rugs , no plugs.  It's your head not theirs, they better learn that and quick.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
There's no way to know how long it will take people to come around...... So my question is.... "Why do you care if they come around?"

It's your life.... do what you want if it's legal.......life's too short to worry about this type of thing.
This isn't a criticism of you, just my opinion.

And a big Welcome to the Forum!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »
Some people are just idiots.  People that say that are so annoying.  If you said something in return like "you could lose weight if you want" or worse they would be so offended.  Instead they take no concern on how their comments make you feel.  My advice is ignore them - or call them jealous :*))
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 10:34:38 AM »
You said it Mike! I treat like anything else....say when someone says, "Have you gained (or) lost weight. What do you say...."thanks for noticing?? By this time we should all be able to at least be courteous.

Don't let it get to you! It's not worth the energy!!
It's all about attitude!

Offline Weevil

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:39:09 AM »
This is the first time I've heard about someone demanding a certain kind of picture for a yearbook. Aren't you supposed to just gadly accept pictures people are willing to give away ?
Anyway, give them the picture you've chosen, not the other way around.