Author Topic: New Tattoo on the horizon........  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
New Tattoo on the horizon........
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:07:02 AM »
I stopped into my artist's shop over the weekend and gave my idea for my new tattoo to her assisstant Linda. Linda seemed a bit hesitant about the idea at first until I explained it to her and my reasoning for it. Then she thought it was pretty cool.

Looks like I'll have it done on the inside of my left forearm.

I should have artwork back from the artist, with a chance to tweak it, in two -three weeks.

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New Tattoo on the horizon........
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:49:21 AM »
sweet! 

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:27 AM »
what are you getting Mike?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
what are you getting Mike?

Well I'm a big fan of Warren Zevon's music.........

In 1978, on the album "Excitable Boy", the great song "Werewolves of London" made it's first appearance. I was a huge fan of macabre movies as a kid and werewolves and vampires in particular. The song was an instant hit in the funny, warped mind of an 18 year old Mikekoz.

As the years have passed, that song has remained one of my favorites.... really a constant in my life in many ways. Well about 6 years ago my son Kody, who really LOVES music asked if he could listen to my "Color of Money" soundtrack. I had forgotten that this song was on the soundtrack and when it began playing my then 6 year old son fell in love with it. He's been howlin' it ever since.

Then about a year or so back he played it for my daughter.....and she fell in love with it. It's been a constant in our house and on all the MP3 players since.

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for my kids that my they could really enjoy and know that I did for them...... something besides their names.
So... I'm having the Werewolf of London tattoed on me....... complete with the "Chinese menu in his hand" and his "perfect" hair.
I know my artist is going to have some fun with this and I can't wait to see the artwork. I've given her total artistic license.

My kids know I'm getting a new tat but I told them it will be a surprise............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline PeripheralxMvmnt

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • A vida não é ruim.
    • Program Hound
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
thats awesome man. thats how a tattoo should be. meaningful and close to your heart. bravo! O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080816/sampace1aad00c2d75ff.jpg[/img] [/url]

GASlick

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 10:46:13 PM »
I love tattoos that mean something.  So much more personal.
Can't wait to see it!

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:03:28 AM »
Awesome, I'm getting one done on my next trip to Hawaii as I want a tribal one done from the Islands.

marty22

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
In October Im repairing an old eagle on my left shoulder from 20 years ago with a NY Yankees/Jets emblem.