Author Topic: Hair Transplant-Want to go sly!  (Read 1650 times)

Offline johnny5

• Learning the way of Sly
Hair Transplant-Want to go sly!
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:01 PM »
Hey Guys,

I just want to say thank you for this site, it has helped me sooo much, finally coming to grips with my hair loss.  I wish I found it 5 years ago before I had 2 hair transplants...Anyway, I want to go sly, even with the scar on the back of my head, but my partner is very much against it.  I shaved it with a #1 a few months ago and he got very angry with me, almost threatening to leave..Have any of you guys experienced this with your significant others?  (I know most of you guys haven't had transplants, but with going sly)...Thanks again, this site is great, and you guys have really made a difference in my life...

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Hair Transplant-Want to go sly!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 10:38:03 PM »
Does he consult you with his hairstyle choice? Probably not.

My partner isn't particularly fond of my sly look -- he prefers me buzzed -- but he knows it makes me happy and doesn't hassle me about it.

Besides, in the winter months I prefer it buzzed anyways, so he gets what he likes a few months out of the year.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Maybe you should find out why he's so against it.  It probably has to do with something else in his life that has nothing to do with you.  But, like BootedBear said, it's your head and he probably doesn't consult you on the matter of his hair.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:12:58 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys, Johnny.  Without getting too much into your business I'd say someone has control issues.  My male partner prefers the velcro stage like BootedBear's partner and due to my laziness this occurs about twice a month.  He knew I was headstrong and not to be manipulated when he married me.  You don't tell us your ages or how long you've been together, but that is an important factor.  Me: Over 50, together 15 years.

Have a quiet and sincere conversation with him about how you feel.  Can't hurt.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

marty22

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:20:01 AM »
IS the scar showing one of the problems or the fact that your partner doesn't want it short or are there 2 problems?

The scar is simple....givve it a 001 or 002 buzz.

Offline johnny5

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »
Thanks guys, who knew there were so many gay sly guys, awesome..haha.  Anyway, marty 22, the scar is the #1 problem, my partner goes sly, so it isn't the style, it is the scar, it is even noticeable (slightly) with a #3.  SimplyRed, we have been together for 8 years, we're both in our early 30's.  I have tried to have conversations about it, but he has remained adamant about it.  Thanks again guys, you're great!