Author Topic: your baldness in photos  (Read 8667 times)

Offline Ghost1988

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: your baldness in photos
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »
same deal with me. i dont notice much of a horseshoe when i look in the mirror but then when i look at pics and stuff i definately notice the start of one coming. it stresses me out for about 5 minutes but then ive learned to get over it and forget about it 5 minutes later. the old me would dwell on it forever and get extremely depressed. (it also helps if you just dont take a lot of pics haha). anyways...i was at the mall today in toledo and saw a ton of sly guys (75% of them) with horseshoe shadows, and they all and they all had hot girlfriends. well......except one. she was like 500 lbs lol. might be hot to some though lol.

Offline J.J.

• Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 08:47:10 AM »
they all had hot girlfriends. well......except one. she was like 500 lbs lol. might be hot to some though lol.

nice save, ghost.

Offline dgleadbetter

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »
For me it's more about the glare off the top of my head in outdoor shots . The top of my head does a complete white out in direct sun. Inside, photos looks much better.

benmcd

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 07:30:36 AM »
Holy Cow, For me it was the attached ..  :o

Offline yak

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »
For me the defining day was when I saw a pic posted of me on a bulletin board at work.  It was for some achievement thing. 

When I saw that you could see right throught he spikey gelled hair and see scalp I knew it was time. I never noticed this in the mirror but in the pic it was a eye opener for sure.  I   went home pulled out the Whal and clipped it down.....wore it like that for about a year and then built up the courage to take it all the way down.

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 08:08:26 AM »
Hey all, been a long time since I stopped in.  Glad to see everything is very active here!

Lighting is very key to whether the shadow shows or not.  I don't worry about it showing.  Just being sly, even with the shadow showing up, puts out the message that I recognized that my hair was thinning and I made the decision to man-up and fix the situation rather than choosing to ignore the obvious!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:10:22 AM by 440satellite »

Offline ibaldnow

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the replies, its an interesting one. Ive shaved my hair down a fair bit by now. Kinda wondering now though what people are seeing in person. Do they see what is in the photos or what im seeing in the mirror? Do ye guys have any experience of thinking a buddy looks balder in photos than in person? Im guessing ye dont tbh!

Offline bboynowee

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 12:53:13 PM »
I hate photos and mirrors.... :Xo!

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
Razor you nailed it last year in your response.   I was amazed at how it looked in pictures.  There's something about the angle of standing in front of the mirror that skews the perspective.  I "thought" I had a lot more hair than I actually did.