Author Topic: Diagnose Please  (Read 2305 times)

Offline bboynowee

• Learning the way of Sly
Diagnose Please
« on: April 27, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »
So...I'm new in the forum...and some of you suggested to post a pic...and see if you can diagnose my razor rash/pimple area... :(...these pictures are a couple of hours after I cut my dome...I used an Andis t-liner pro...that i bought about a week ago...I had stopped cutting my hair for a week and a half...notice the dark spots...it sucks....any who I already changed my pillow case...also i used an anti bacterial soap... and after I cut my hair I used a moisturizer...see what u guys think... :-[

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
Re: Diagnose Please
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »
I'm no expert, but it looks like razor bumps.   Might want to look into seeing a dermatologist.  Sorry I'm not more help.  And Welcome. :)

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
My thoughts too. Don't use much pressure going against the grain or skip the against the grain part altogether (that's what I did after getting the same looking bumps). Mine went away in a week or so.
- Eric W-

Offline bboynowee

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:43 PM »
Thanks guys...but see I don't shave I just use the clipper without the guard...I think that's what's making my skin irritate...nonetheless I started wahing my head at least twice daily with anti bacterial soap...ill keep u guys posted...:)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
Thanks guys...but see I don't shave I just use the clipper without the guard...I think that's what's making my skin irritate...nonetheless I started wahing my head at least twice daily with anti bacterial soap...ill keep u guys posted...:)

Clippers can cause irritation just as a blade can.  Stubble can also be irritating to the skin.  I sometimes find that my skin is more irritated if I skip shaving for a day or two.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:51:53 PM »

Bingo, a suspect.  Please accept the fact that bacteria can grow on the blades of a clipper, fed by the oil from your skin, etc.  You may have given yourself a contact dermatitis or inflamed and infected follicles and are transfered to and from the blade, your skin and the follicles and pores--trip to dermatologist in order I think.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:56:33 PM by saintc »

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
I agree with Saintc's assestment of the situation.  First off I want to also chime in by saying you should try to use products for sensitive skin.  Although its not macho to use, I highly recommend the "Clean and Clear line" from Johnson & Johnson, they make a facial wash that is for sensitive skin.  Next I would say you might need to grow it out and leave it alone, for the inflammation and reddness use hydrocortisone 1%.  If it is in fact ingrown hairs it may not look pretty now but it resolves itself.  A little ingrown hair 101 -- the hairs that tend to be a little curly or thick when cut at an angle can curl and grow back into your skin, this triggers your skins immune response because it recognizes this as a foriegn body and white blood cells get set to the sites as (Puss) the red blood vessels expand as well in an inflammation response.  This is like getting a splinter in your skin but on a much smaller scale.

The good news is that this is temporary and heals and in most cases no trace of it will be visible.  The hairs have to grow out and come out or the hair is replaced by a new dormant hair as part of the natural hair cycle.  I agree that the culprit is two things here - THE CLIPPERS ARE CAUSING ABRASION and cutting the hairs at an angle making them prone to being ingrown.  Also it seems that you are using products that are not for sensitive skin, and I would tell you to stop using soap, but rather use a cleanser for sensitive skin the one I listed above perhaps. 

For professional medical advise please consult with your physician -- I echo what others said we are trying to make our best suggestions but I think a trip to your skin doctor would be a prudent thing to do.

Fred

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
Play it safe and see a dermatoligist. Then let us know what he said.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline baldtribesman

• Sly Jr.
  • R O C K in the USA rockin in the USA
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »
Please see a dermatologist, I kind of regret my few posts above and echo this, no cause of alarm the dermatologist will help you though. 

What is the texture like of your hair. Curly, wavy, straight?  Thin or thick?

Fred Man

Offline bboynowee

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »
Well my hair is thin...not curly or thick at all... :Xo!...

but here is my routine so far:
wash my head at least 2 a day...use Neutrogena face scrub razor defense for my face and head...rinse with warm water...then use safeguard antibacterial soap...rinse..then rinse again with cold water...dry my head with a clean towel and apply Neutrogena sensitive skin post shave balm.

U see I don't cut my hear every day...maybe every 3-4 days. I have noticed though when I let my hair grow out...i still seem to get pimple like bumps...and its funny because the rash area is an area with thinning hair  :o

I also put bald guyz moisture gel from time to time...

I have a question guys...I just bought the Andis machine...how can I keep it clean? should I swab the clipper in alcohol?

It might have been my old clippers that did the damage because I really never cleaned them because I figured that jumping into the shower will fix the dirt  :-[...but now I am taking any measures possible to fix my problem  :x!

well here are a pic two days after the ones I posted.. :px

Offline bboynowee

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:03 PM »
It's gotten better right?!  ;D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »
Better, a little, but in a positive way.  You should really consider shaving once the pimples recede.  Try shaved after that for 30 days and see if the problem doesn't resolve itself.  But if they haven't gone under your current program in a week, head to a doctor--you don't want to have to deal with scaring.

Enter your email address: