Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Miscellaneous

"I won't look good with a shaved head." - for the guys on the fence!

(1/31) > >>

socctty:
I'm sure none of the below has gone unsaid, but I thought I'd gather it here in one place since a lot of guys cite the subject of this thread as a reason not to go sly.

While I was just shaving my head in the shower, I was thinking about how I used to tell myself the same thing. But an idea hit me - most guys think that they can't pull it off because of the SLY mystique, as I call it. A sly guy is not only a bald guy, but a bald guy with confidence about being bald. No one really notices anyone without confidence, but a confident person attracts attention. And a SLY guy attracts even more. Hence, the sly mystique. Sly guys would look good with or without a bald head! The liberating act of going bald brings about the confidence that truly makes a man sly.

So, if you're sitting on the fence, jump to our side.

Besides, have you ever heard a woman say any of the following?
- "I sure love a man with a comb-over"
- "There's nothing sexier than a man with a receding hairline"
- "I love it when a man looks like a slob because he doesn't have time to style his hair"

I doubt you have! Plenty of women dig a smooth head. And those that don't are only waiting to meet a man with one. Ask any woman what she finds sexy in a man, and you'll hear "confidence" a hell of a lot more often than "the hair that the guy in the Rogaine commercial has." Or "a nice toupee" or even just a plain ol' "nice hair."

The day I decided that I would shave my head was the day I saw one of my superiors at a large conference. In my field, you have to be bold and confident. But he spoke meekly, didn't assert himself, and as he stood under a light in the room, his comb-over was fully on display for 200 people to see - to be unable to ignore. I don't mean to shame him. But it was obvious that he wasn't confident in himself and the comb-over was the neon lighting framing it all. Enough neon to make Vegas blush. He's always conveyed himself as a man angry with himself and his personal life, come to think of it. He's a man that could use a HeadBlade, even if he had the hair.

So, to summarize - you WILL look good with a shaved head, because you will be more confident in yourself! You will carry yourself like a man that has nothing to hide, and just to prove it, is willing to put it on display. So go shave it.

(sticky topic? :D)

Tyler:
Great post Soccty!  You've got your sticky post!  And, I think it will make it to the blog as well.   O0

medicineman:
Very well said socctty!  O0

Cam:
Hell yes! Kudos to you for that, I couldn't have said it better if I tried! Great post!

Paul:
Way to go socctty.  One of the best I've read.  With oratory like that we should run you on the Sly ticket next election.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version