Author Topic: 2 shaves with Fusion, just love it!  (Read 5903 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 2 shaves with Fusion, just love it!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 08:56:16 PM »
I just bought a Fusion today to see if it will be any kinder to my scalp than the Mach III.  I did try the Fusion once before when it first came out and I received a freebie in the mail.  As I recall, I got a couple of really good shaves with it, but after the first two or three it didn't seem any better than the Mach III -- or at least there wasn't enough a difference to justify the extra cost for the blades.  But if the claims of less irritation prove to be true, it will be worth the extra cost.  Right now I'm trying to decide if I should use it tomorrow or just wait until Monday to shave.

Try it tomorrow, Sunday, you'll like it--and use a brush if you haven't already.  Weekend shaves, w/ no pressure to get to work, are the best.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »

Try it tomorrow, Sunday, you'll like it--and use a brush if you haven't already.  Weekend shaves, w/ no pressure to get to work, are the best.

Having to shave an extra day's worth of stubble on Monday might be a truer test, though. 

parksie

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
I would say to wait until monday.

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
Hey Razorx,  wait until Monday and watch Fusion give you a great smooth shave.
Even today Fusion was just amazing.   I really like it that the blades are much closer.   

And Warhawk, yes yes yes! !B@   It takes me about 33 mins to do the complete head shave
with Fusion.............I wish I had tried this earlier.    :px
I am being a bit careful with Fusion as I am afraid of cutting myself (the 4 blades scare me lol) but
I think a month from now I should be able to shave in 20 mins.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:37 AM »

Having to shave an extra day's worth of stubble on Monday might be a truer test, though. 

Well?  How did it go?  Was it a more comfortable shave?  Did the smoothness last any longer? 

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 07:32:33 AM »
MathGuy, be not afraid of the Fusion.....it will not hurt you. I have NEVER cut myself with it, not one time.

Oh and it's 5 blades not 4!!    ;D
It's all about attitude!

benmcd

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 07:56:37 AM »
I still have a Fusion razor and find it really great for shaving both my head and face. I only have one issue with it though, I find that the blades do not stay sharp for long, in fact I am quite disappointed by the life of these expensive blades. I have just invested in a Panasonic Wet/Dry as I figure it will be cheaper in the long run.  Don't intend to sound "cheap" either! :-[

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »
It is 5 blades but you really only use 4 most of the time.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »

Well?  How did it go?  Was it a more comfortable shave?  Did the smoothness last any longer? 

Yes, I think it was a more comfortable shave, but the smoothness hasn't lasted any longer.  In fact, I'm not staying smooth quite as long as I was with the Mach III.  But maybe that's because I'm trying to follow the doctor's advice and not apply too much pressure.  I may need to alter my technique a bit.

Offline hollidae

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 05:18:29 PM »
the 5th blade doesnt last long all at.. it seems to get PUSHED IN

Offline ldrider51

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 08:36:45 AM »
It's interesting how different cartridges work for different people.

I like the MachIII Turbo better than the Fusion.

But that's why it's so great that there are many choices out there for everyone.

:D

Offline sgbsteve

• BBC And Lovin It
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »
Ebay is the place to go for your fusion blades.  I get my fusion power blades on there for $1.50 - $2 each shipped.