Author Topic: 2 shaves with Fusion, just love it!  (Read 5861 times)

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
2 shaves with Fusion, just love it!
« on: June 10, 2009, 08:39:40 PM »
I wish I had tried Fusion sooner. 
I have been using Mach 3 for the first 10 months of my sly life. 
In the last purchase of 5 mach 3 blades I received one fusion for free. 
So I gave it a try and to me it is significantly better than Mach 3.

From my experience:
Mach 3...........you have to go over each area many tmes if you want all hairs gone.  The blade seems to select some hairs to shave off and leave others.  This was a problem at times when I tried shaving the top of my dome against the grain.  I had to go over the same region several times. 
Fusion..........for most areas I only have to go over once.  Sometimes twice, but that's it! Not more than two.  This was something special because now it is so much easier to shave the top of my dome against the grain.
The other major difference I found is Fusion (for obvious reasons) has very little trouble dealing with thick hair, whereas for Mach 3 it was too much.   Fusion was like a machine. O0
Finally, another good thing about fusion is I had to rinse out the blade a lot less than Mach 3.  I could shave the entire top of my dome without having to rinse off the razor.
With Mach 3 I had to rinse off after every one or two long strokes.

The negative thing about Fusion is...........yeah you guessed it, the price!!  So Gillette will be making more money off me from now on.   :x!

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: 2 shaves with Fusion, just love it!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:03 PM »
Great post Math Guy! I have to agree with everything you said about the Fusion. I was another one to stick with the Mach III. But after trying the Fusion I was totally impressed
It's all about attitude!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:39 AM »
Another Fusion convert here, also.   But I really hate it every time I buy blades.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »
hey math guy:  i'm an avid fusion fan.  nothing gets it closer, imo.  i've tried others and the fusion just keeps me the smooooooothest.  so... has using the fusion... minimize your 1hour head shave routine. :D   please, let us know.  i say it probably takes U 30minutes 2 shave that noggin' instead of 50min-60mins.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:33 AM »
I have not tried the Fusion. Guess on your recomendations I should try one for myself.  I have an area right in the crown of the head that will not shave smooth with the Mach III. A cowlick or something.  Also on another note, I was in Sam's club yesterday and noticed triple blades that flexed.  Have any of you tried them?  In theory, this sound great for the rounded corners.  Or is this something that is to good to be true?
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:14:57 AM »
Fusion is a great "machine."  I've used it almost exclusively since starting, tried the HB, just wasn't for me.  Blades are high, but they last, for me 7 days--I've got to try that olive oil tactic to see if that extends the life.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »
Fusion is the best blade out there for me O0
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 09:27:24 PM »
Love the Fusion, but for some reason still use the Mach 3 for my face. The Fusion is slick for the head, but feels like dragging the width of a 2x4 on my face.

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
I took the plunge and purchased a Fusion.  You guys are right, as usual.  It is far superior to the Mach III.  Absolutely the closest and smoothest shave I have had since going Sly.  Thanks for your advise.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 12:52:35 PM »
That's what I found too Papa. On the very first shave I could not believe how much closer the Fusion got it!
It's all about attitude!

Offline ShavedForNow

• Incomparable Sly Guy
  • Sly Jr.
  • Testing out the sly side of life
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 05:29:26 PM »
Now I'm intrigued. Do Fusion blades fit on the HB adapter?

Offline GaryT

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »
Shaved for now, I'm not totally sure but I don't think so.
It's all about attitude!

Offline Jtro

• Sly Jr.
  • 3/26/09 first ever razor shave
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »
I agree, the mach 3 is very good for the face but like you said, the fusion is like dragging a 2x4 across your face!
show me your war face!

parksie

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:51 PM »
no the fusion blades will not fit on the headblade adapter it

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »
I just bought a Fusion today to see if it will be any kinder to my scalp than the Mach III.  I did try the Fusion once before when it first came out and I received a freebie in the mail.  As I recall, I got a couple of really good shaves with it, but after the first two or three it didn't seem any better than the Mach III -- or at least there wasn't enough a difference to justify the extra cost for the blades.  But if the claims of less irritation prove to be true, it will be worth the extra cost.  Right now I'm trying to decide if I should use it tomorrow or just wait until Monday to shave.

Enter your email address: