Author Topic: Waxing your head  (Read 20778 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Waxing your head
« on: August 31, 2006, 10:54:17 PM »
So, I was researching the internet to find out about waxing your head.  I thought waxing might be a viable way to get a clean bald head and not have to shave as often.

Along my search - actually it didn't take long -  the first link on Yahoo search search yielded a YouTube video that gave me all the information that I needed.  You know how a picture is worth 1,000 words?  Well, a video is worth 1,000,000 words and all of them start with OUCH!  Check out this video to see why you would NOT want to wax your head.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:48:24 AM by Tyler »

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
Re: Waxing your head
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:36:18 PM »
Oh my god! I was actually considering waxing my head, but I've changed my mind now...

Waxing is very effective as your hair will take quite a while to grow back, so you could go several weeks
without shaving, plus you don't have any shades (which are very annoying).

What about alternatives to waxing? Tyler, have you had any experiences with those hair removal creams (Veet, etc.)?

Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 11:47:07 PM »

What about alternatives to waxing? Tyler, have you had any experiences with those hair removal creams (Veet, etc.)?

HappyHarry,

That's a good question!  I have not had any experiences with these types of alternative hair removals.  I would be very scared to try them without hearing from someone who as already had the balls to do so.  I guess it's time for me to search for it!  Maybe I'll find another video...

Has anyone else had any experience with Veet, Nair, etc?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:46 AM »
A quick trip to the Veet website and I got our answer!

Q: Can I use it anywhere on my body? Is there anywhere that it shouldn't be used?
A: VEET® Rasera™ Bladeless™ Kit has been designed for use on legs, underarm and bikini areas only. It is not suitable for the face or facial area, back, scalp, or stomach.

So, there you go...not a good idea to use on your head!

Offline Pyronius

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 03:00:48 AM »
Anyone else thats a crazy bastard out there..... DONT DO IT!

I got the bright idea myself once and said hey feck why not...

Did everything except my goti...neck...cheecks...head and all... It was a horrible time... And the hair on the back of your head if its thick at all, its coming out like a bitch....

Even with application of after shave and using anti acne medication almost every  single hair pore broke out with a small white head.

Also as far as hair removal creams, we tried that at the same time since the wax really wasnt doing a good job in the thicker growing hair on the back of my head...

Evidently that stuff leaves chemical burns on said skin.  So yah had a nice big burn looking mark to match the rest of the carnage..

I seriously looked like I had road rash on the entirety of the back of my skull.

So yah there you have it first hand.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:01:57 AM »
Wow, someone that waxed and used hair removal creams on their head and is alive to tell about it!  You've definetly solidified the fact that I will never try either.

Anyone else thats a crazy bastard out there..... DONT DO IT!

I got the bright idea myself once and said hey feck why not...

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 07:18:12 PM »

The Yeti is in full agreement, no use here either! hehe I did contemplate another product once, having years of experience as a Correctional Officer. I met a lot of bald guys in the system, of which I already had been for years, upon starting my time there. Anyways, already getting off topic again, ugh hehe, but I saw some of the African-American inmates used something I had never seen before. I forget the product name now, but it was actually in powder form, and they applied it in their cell, using water from their sinks, and then quickly took a shower to wash it off. I guess it "eats", like a chemical and the longer it's on the more potent it is. Now, I did see the product in stores on the outside too, and also in a slightly less potent version in a tube too, but as I was informed from the guys (and makes me laugh thinking back on it again)... I was told, "You can't use this C.O. (Correctional Officer), it will fry the crap outta ya!", as one inmate was telling me. He said, "It's for us Blacks only, it will burn your head and make you look like Freddy Krueger!", as he laughed and I did as well. Then he said, "Heck, I'm Black and I only used it ONCE! It burnt patches all over my dang head!"  (hehe still smiling at the fond memory of the conversation- he was someone who shaved daily too, I then found out, not a user of the product. I wish I could remember the name of the product, if I see it or someone states it in here, I will definitely remember it.... oh wait... "Miracle" something or other... NO, not Miracle Grow either lol   quite the opposite. But, when I did look at the small tin cans, later in my career inside, when doing cell shakedowns, and also the paste version in the store as well (Tube = "Mild"  lol)... it DOES specifically say right on the side "For African-American use ONLY"  That was when I was like, damn, and never bought the mild, I remembered being told I would look like Freddy Krueger from Inmate "Smith" (fake name).   hehehe  I hope you enjoyed my lil story, and I certainly enjoyed the memory relived, so thx all who read this.  ~Yeti
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »
Always enjoy the great stories from you Yeti. You have some pretty good ones too. Keep 'em comin
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 05:24:30 PM »
hehe thx bro!   ;)
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »
ill stick with blades

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 02:08:03 PM »
Here here!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 10:17:02 AM »
Laser would do it, but be sure that's what you want, because 90% of your hair will be gone for good.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 02:42:42 PM »

The Yeti is in full agreement, no use here either! hehe I did contemplate another product once, having years of experience as a Correctional Officer. I met a lot of bald guys in the system, of which I already had been for years, upon starting my time there. Anyways, already getting off topic again, ugh hehe, but I saw some of the African-American inmates used something I had never seen before. I forget the product name now, but it was actually in powder form, and they applied it in their cell, using water from their sinks, and then quickly took a shower to wash it off. I guess it "eats", like a chemical and the longer it's on the more potent it is. Now, I did see the product in stores on the outside too, and also in a slightly less potent version in a tube too, but as I was informed from the guys (and makes me laugh thinking back on it again)... I was told, "You can't use this C.O. (Correctional Officer), it will fry the crap outta ya!", as one inmate was telling me. He said, "It's for us Blacks only, it will burn your head and make you look like Freddy Krueger!", as he laughed and I did as well. Then he said, "Heck, I'm Black and I only used it ONCE! It burnt patches all over my dang head!"  (hehe still smiling at the fond memory of the conversation- he was someone who shaved daily too, I then found out, not a user of the product. I wish I could remember the name of the product, if I see it or someone states it in here, I will definitely remember it.... oh wait... "Miracle" something or other... NO, not Miracle Grow either lol   quite the opposite. But, when I did look at the small tin cans, later in my career inside, when doing cell shakedowns, and also the paste version in the store as well (Tube = "Mild"  lol)... it DOES specifically say right on the side "For African-American use ONLY"  That was when I was like, damn, and never bought the mild, I remembered being told I would look like Freddy Krueger from Inmate "Smith" (fake name).   hehehe  I hope you enjoyed my lil story, and I certainly enjoyed the memory relived, so thx all who read this.  ~Yeti

I think you are talking about Magic
==SLY SERGEANT==

Enter your email address: