HomeForumBlogProduct ReviewsAbout UsStoreGear
Sly Bald Guys Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 02:02:40 AM
Home Help Search Links Login Register
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys! Please take a look around and pay special attention to our community. You won't find a more supportive group of men on the internet.

News: Hey everyone, help spread the word about Sly Bald Guys.  It's easy, all you need to do is click on this link.  It will only take a second.  Thanks for your support!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http://www.slybaldguys.com/index.php&title=Sly+Bald+Guys

+  Sly Bald Guys Forum
|-+  Grooming/Care
| |-+  Head Shaving
| | |-+  How to use the HeadBlade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]
Digg This!StumbleUpon This site
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 67535 times)
Goatee
Bald and Proud to be!
Sly
United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

I need to find a better blade i think as it takes quite a few passes to get the head smooth!
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

mike8675039
Learning the way of Sly
United States United States

« Reply #256 on: March 03, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »

I've been using the HeadBlade for going on a couple months now.  It was the first thing I picked up for the first shave of the head.  It is working pretty good for me.  When I let it grow I have hair down the sides and back pretty thick, but nothing but wisps up front or on top.  So I get about 4 to 5 shaves before needing a new HB4 blade. 
The problem I've run into has been with the adapter.  It seems that after I get through the first blade, it's already time to replace the adapter.  I've gone through 3 adapters due to either cracks in the joint of the spring, or breaking the adapter off the body when trying to remove the old blade.

Am I doing something wrong? About how long are the adapters lasting for you all?  I haven't seen them available separately  which is what has me thinking maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Fsteve65
Sly Guy in Training

« Reply #257 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:30 AM »

Defiantly doing something wrong they have a video on UTube you might want to watch on changing the blade . I use a Headblade Sport and I use it everyday or every other day and have used the same adapter for over a year now .
mike8675039
Learning the way of Sly

« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

Defiantly doing something wrong they have a video on UTube you might want to watch on changing the blade . I use a Headblade Sport and I use it everyday or every other day and have used the same adapter for over a year now .

Found the video and yep, I didn't notice the bendy side and was probably just forcing it on the wrong side.  That would take care of snapping the clip.  not sure about the flexy part loosing flex.  I'll try to take care that it doesn't sit on the suspension.  I have a a grandchild that may have gotten a hold of it once and may have stressed that.

Thanks.
DanJMag
Learning the way of Sly
Canada Canada

« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2014, 09:55:42 PM »

Hi All. New to this forum, but have been enjoying it and find it very helpful. I have been a head 'buzzer' for years. I always thought shaving the dome bald would just be a pain in the butt and didn't want to have to deal with that every morning. Little did I know that it would be very easy, totally enjoyable, and encourage a state of zen not seen outside of a monastery. So, (back on topic), my decision to take the plunge was prompted by my brief research into the HeadBlade ATX. I grabbed the bald by the horns and placed an order for the ATX as well as various HeadBlade products (pre- and post- shave). Well, in my impatience to get started I decided to shave it bald with a Mach 3 disposable (in the interim between HeadBlade order placement an order receipt). It was so much easier than I thought it would be, and I found using the tradition blade/handle configuration quite intuitive and natural. Since reading the various (and varying) posts regarding the HeadBlade, I have a bit of trepidation about moving from an oft-used shaving device (Mach 3) to a very different type (HB). I really hope I'll love it. I'm so anxious to try it!! Based on comments within this post, I will be sure to give it a fair chance, and give myself a reasonable amount of time to become accustomed. I will post a 'newbie' impression once I've tried it. Thanks to all posters!!!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Enter your email address: