Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 293700 times)

Offline reddog

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »
Sometimes I use my Remington 3 blade foil electric shaver. Yes, I can use it everyday, and it's ALMOST as close as a razor. Never any irritation.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
  • Then First Time I Shaved My Head!
    • Visit My Website
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2016, 07:40:16 PM »
My bad guys for not follwing up with y'all I've been busy. I now use the Andis T-Outliner and I bought a modified blade so it shaves the hair down very very tight. Just about a day's worth of growth. I use it on my customers all the time and I also use my Wahl 5 Star Shaver if my customers doesn't want a straight razor shave but wants their head bald. Plus Reddog the BBC fits you well!
-Derris The Barber

Offline Semi-Sly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2016, 08:34:59 PM »
My bad guys for not follwing up with y'all I've been busy. I now use the Andis T-Outliner and I bought a modified blade so it shaves the hair down very very tight. Just about a day's worth of growth. I use it on my customers all the time and I also use my Wahl 5 Star Shaver if my customers doesn't want a straight razor shave but wants their head bald. Plus Reddog the BBC fits you well!
In the barber school I attend we have switched from the Wahl 5 star to the Andis foil shaver.  They are more reliable.  I use them every day on clients and they shave heads really well.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2016, 06:31:52 AM »
In the barber school I attend we have switched from the Wahl 5 star to the Andis foil shaver.  They are more reliable.  I use them every day on clients and they shave heads really well.

Do they shave really close? Like a one day stubble? or less?

Offline Semi-Sly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2016, 12:27:54 AM »
Yes, they do.  Not quite as close as a blade, but like three hours after a blade shave.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:19:22 PM by Goatee »

Offline Super Max

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »
I've been wanting to try a foil shaver as an occasional alternative to a blade, so following the good advice here I picked up an Andis Profoil Lithium. Just tried it and I'm very impressed with the tight, smooth result, almost blade close.

I did notice some friction between shaver and my dry head, causing some minor tugging and skipping of the shaver. Should I be using a product like Williams Lectric Shave for a pre-shave conditioner? This is all new territory for me so what do you recommend as a skin treatment for foil shaving?

Thanks guys.

Enter your email address: