Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 194124 times)

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
My routine changes from time to time.

If I'm using clippers (most of the time I am), I use Wahl 5-Star Balding clippers (no attachment). I clip, shower (it makes a mess), then do a touch-up, hit it with HeadClear, then some Cremo moisturizer.

With a razor, it's different. I shower first and scrub with an exfoliant - usually St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Then I shave after I get out of the shower with Cremo Cream, and a Harry's razor with a fresh blade.

Then I rinse off with as cold of water as I can stand under the bath faucet (easier than the sink).

After the rinse, I do any minor touch-ups and then hit it with HeadClear (LOVE THIS STUFF), and then a good dose of Cremo Moisturizer. I usually touch-up any styptic pencil spots at this point.

Nothing like a good shave.

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2015, 06:36:31 PM »
I'm using Gillette Fusion Power. First I take hot shower, apply shaving cream for 5 mins (to make the hair, I guess). Then I shave with the hair grow direction, take hot shower again and apply the cream again. After that I start shaving it against the grow direction. It's cost me about 40 mins for total time.

Just can't shave really smooth on the sides and back of the head, especially the right side, maybe because I'm right handed.

I don't know why but I'm feeling like the blades of Gillette Fusion Power were designed to last for only 1 shave, reuse the blade can't work as good as beginning even it's just the second time. And they're not cheap btw lol.

Online geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #707 on: October 04, 2015, 09:50:08 AM »
As above...but I stay in the shower and shave by feel, and it takes approx 10 mins now using a mach 3 of fusion

Enter your email address: