Author Topic: How to use the HeadBlade  (Read 87122 times)

Offline Baldtxn

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: How to use the HeadBlade
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »
ok so I got my best ATX shave last night. I did NOT put it on like a ring but instead held it like a Hotwheels car. for some reason that worked way better! very nice shave. I do always use my Mach 3 to get the odd spots I missed and around the ears but there were few last night. for what its worth maybe go the Hotwheels approach?

Offline traveller

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2015, 04:00:24 AM »
I tried the ATX but preferred the Push aspect of the Sport

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2015, 06:08:59 AM »
Great information thanks for sharing.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:02 PM »
I found that the best way to use the headblade for me was to bin it! lol

Offline Chi-Town POLak

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »
Hello this is my first post, I'm 24 years old and I have been shaving my head since February 2014. I have been using the Head Blade from the very beginning and I shave my head either every other day or every day. Everything was fine until a couple months ago.

When I shave I always start from front to back with the grain and then I only need to shave against the grain the back of my head and the sides. I have been following the same technique and I always was able to get a perfect super smooth shave. I like to keep my head as smooth as humanely possible. Recently though when I go to shave against the grain starting from neck going up I can not get a smooth shave anymore even with a new blade!!!

It seems that when I shave against the grain with Head-blade now it leaves patches of fuzz and it's really hard to shave them of because I have to press hard and it irritates my skin.

I'm confused because I was able to get a great shave in 15 minutes but now it takes forever if I want to shave against the grain so I had to just shave with the grain but I don't like it because it's not super smooth all over :(

Anybody had the same problem? 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2015, 02:50:23 AM »
Hello this is my first post, I'm 24 years old and I have been shaving my head since February 2014. I have been using the Head Blade from the very beginning and I shave my head either every other day or every day. Everything was fine until a couple months ago.

When I shave I always start from front to back with the grain and then I only need to shave against the grain the back of my head and the sides. I have been following the same technique and I always was able to get a perfect super smooth shave. I like to keep my head as smooth as humanely possible. Recently though when I go to shave against the grain starting from neck going up I can not get a smooth shave anymore even with a new blade!!!

It seems that when I shave against the grain with Head-blade now it leaves patches of fuzz and it's really hard to shave them of because I have to press hard and it irritates my skin.

I'm confused because I was able to get a great shave in 15 minutes but now it takes forever if I want to shave against the grain so I had to just shave with the grain but I don't like it because it's not super smooth all over :(

Anybody had the same problem? 

Welcome to the board! What kind of shaving cream do you use and what's your shave prep method?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #276 on: May 20, 2015, 04:20:48 AM »
My experience is that the HB Sport gives a closer shave than the ATX.  Sport is still available online, but not in stores.  Both are the same price.  You can get a 20% discount if you shop via the HB ads on this site.  I'm told using those referral links also helps SBG.

Offline Chi-Town POLak

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #277 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:24 PM »
Hello and thanks, I don't wanna sound cheap but right now I'musing Barbasol. In the past I have used the Gillette creams and Aveo but I did not really see any difference between the. My pre-shave prep consists of just washing my head under warm water for a couple of minutes and then rubbing the shave cream on to it.

I will probably get the sport to try it out since I had the ATX since the very begging but I don't think it's worn out or anything it should't be. 

Offline Nikki

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #278 on: June 28, 2015, 08:08:26 PM »
I've been using the HeadBlade for only a few weeks,(my first time using it),and I absolutely love it. Before,I was using clippers and shaving my head every two weeks or at the end of the month. When I decided to shave closer to the skin,I was looking at women's razors,and was pretty close to buying one when I came across HeadBlade on Facebook. I'm so glad I bought it,and I'm the proud owner of two HeadBlades,and planning to buy their Limited Editions pretty soon.

Enter your email address: