Author Topic: Hey everyone!  (Read 5460 times)

Offline KORI

• Learning the way of Sly
Hey everyone!
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:48:06 AM »
Hey, names Kori and I've been shaving my head for a while now, but just decided to go completely bald. Best decision I've made concerning the look I wanted to cultivate.

I don't shave my head, due to the fact that I get razor rash & bumps on my face and didn't want to chance that happening to my skillet, so I used a dipilatory cream which worked excellently. Problem is, the hair has already started growing back, and I'm not sure if it's permissible to apply another treatment to remove the new hair, or do I need to wait a few weeks b4 re-aplying? I'd like to keep it bald 24/7 if possible.

Is there anyone that uses dipilatory creams that could help a guy out?

Thanx, and I'm glad to be here. I've already learned alot from reading the forum!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Hey everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
welcome kori. i shave evryday and don't get bumps. i am curious about the cream thing too. hopefully someone will answer that for us. looking forward to your future involvement in the forum.

Paul

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »
Welcome, Kori !  This forum is indeed a fantastic collection of advice and experience.

I can't answer your question...but the great gathering of Sly Guys here are always enthusiastic about welcoming new members and getting questions answered!

rb

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 10:12:14 AM »
Hi and welcome to Sly Bald Guys Kori!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 10:13:31 AM »
Welcome Kori
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 11:43:48 AM »
Welcome Kori!

What kind of cream did you use?  I checked out a bottle of Nair for Men, it says not to use on the head.  My wife says with regular Nair, you have to let the hair grow back out a bit, or it won't take it off.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »
First off, welcome to the site and group, Kori!  For your question, not many of us use a razor to shave the dome, so the info we can provide is rather limited, unfortunately.  We did have one topic that discussed the issue of chemical shaving at http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=487.30 you might find some info there.  
My recommendation would be try some HeadClear from HeadBlade with a razor.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline KORI

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 12:42:01 PM »
Thanx for all of the information you guys have provided. I use Magic Smooth Razorless Hair Removing Cream to answer your question. Still tyrna get the hang of how to reply seperately to each post.  ;)

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »
Hi Kori,

and welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us. You look great with the bald head!

As far as your question is concerned: no, unfortunately I don't know anything about these creams.
I considered using them a couple of months ago, but as Medic pointed out, the tube/bottle does say do not
use on the head. So I was hesitant.

You can give it a try with the cream and keep using it for a while to see how it works for you.
Or...you could shave your head with a razor and be extra careful during the shave.

Here are a couple of interesting links for you on how you could go about it (shaving your head in a way
so that you don't get any cuts, bumps or irritation):

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=210.msg1038#msg1038

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=188.msg913#msg913

Good luck, and let us know how it turned out (with the cream/shaving).

Harry

Tip: To reply to a specific post, click the "Quote" button next to that post. This will create a new reply that contains that quote at the beginning. And then you just write whatever it is you want to say and then you just hit "post". Your new post now contains a quote of the post you are replying to. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:51:13 PM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 12:52:37 PM »
Thanx for all of the information you guys have provided. I use Magic Smooth Razorless Hair Removing Cream to answer your question. Still tyrna get the hang of how to reply seperately to each post.  ;)
Hey Kori!  Again, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!  I was wondering if you use Magic Shave, so I did a little research and found this link ( http://www.softsheen-carson.com/?c=9&category=6 ) from the company that makes Magic Shave.  They recommend the following:

Q: How often can I use Magic Shave?
A: Men with coarse beards can use Magic every other day (48 hours). Men with medium to light beards can use Magic every 2-3 days; men with light beards, once a week.

One of our other members, MississippiRed has experience with Magic Shave.  I may see him tonight, so if I do I'll ask him to respond to this as well.  Feel free to send him a message and let him know that Tyler sent you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 01:26:25 PM »
The information on this page at Walgreens;

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100780&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod352799

seems to suggest that you can use it daily.  It also says that if hair is longer than 1/8 inch to cut it before using, so that would suggest that you should not let it grow much before re-applying. 

The procedure for usage sounds complicated to me, but if its all you can do, the bald head is worth it!

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »
  :DWelcome, Kori. You've found the best site on the web when it comes to chrome domes, how to achieve and maintain them. I've had success with Mach III Turbo and Aveeno therapeutic gel. When it comes to creams, I'd follow Medic's advice; he knows. Happy New Year! Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth