Author Topic: The great head shape debate!  (Read 218650 times)

usmcpelon

Re: The great head shape debate!
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »
You guys are great and surely know how to make a man feel good about his shaved head.  I still feel like I need a confidence boost about my flat back of the head.  But atleast I feel better and I'll keep shaving my head a little longer.  As for the horseshoe flatop, I'm not sure I would want to go back to that haircut which I had for over 25 yrs.  Saintc, Morthen and Baldandre thank you guys.  I'll keep shaving.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »
 O0 O:O

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2010, 08:47:17 AM »
Sly Bald is beautiful and all shapes are great - - - -Be happy with what you have  - -you can't change it  - - -soooo  enjoy  it  - - -I sure do  - - - - - -
Had a St. Pat's party last evening at my house and a few people who I have not seen in a year could not take their hands off my dome - - -I loved every minute of it

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
You guys are great and surely know how to make a man feel good about his shaved head.  I still feel like I need a confidence boost about my flat back of the head.  But atleast I feel better and I'll keep shaving my head a little longer.  As for the horseshoe flatop, I'm not sure I would want to go back to that haircut which I had for over 25 yrs.  Saintc, Morthen and Baldandre thank you guys.  I'll keep shaving.
No problem buddy, I used to be self concious about my headshape, my hair loss etc. after a while you get used to it, and others will too. Its how you carry yourself, not your head shape or hair, or any of that.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Bald Kahuna

• Team Sly
  • Sly
  • Paddling outrigger w/Princess Kahuna-Maui coast
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2010, 01:20:26 AM »
Looks great to me... I agree with all the guys, and welcome back Baldandre-missed your shining face and head. I just did a post under the latest hat or no hat thread. If interested... take a look. And tell me the name of the black actor who wears this hat and any other famous people, other than myself, whom also wear one?

Bald Kahuna, back after 1 1/2 years on Maui.
Bald Kahuna

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2010, 08:31:17 AM »
How about a "worst headshape" competition? 8)

Rule #1: You cannot vote for yourself!
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2010, 09:55:07 AM »
Looks great to me... I agree with all the guys, and welcome back Baldandre-missed your shining face and head. I just did a post under the latest hat or no hat thread. If interested... take a look. And tell me the name of the black actor who wears this hat and any other famous people, other than myself, whom also wear one?

Bald Kahuna, back after 1 1/2 years on Maui.

Sam Jackson and why oh why did you leave.?

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:07 PM »
How about a "worst headshape" competition? 8)

Rule #1: You cannot vote for yourself!

Easy!  Patrick Stewart (aka Captain Picard).  His head looks very odd from the side.

One of the things I've noticed about skull shapes is that many will look perfect from one direction and average from another.  I think mine looks great from the side, but it looks lumpy to me from the front.
You don't know me, but I know you.

JOE-91

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
Where's the worst head shape competition? I'm entering, plus I want to see others to make me feel better,

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2010, 06:57:15 AM »
Where's the worst head shape competition? I'm entering, plus I want to see others to make me feel better,
;D, you couldn't win that one unless you put a thin wispy combover on it--that's the way to a "worst".  "Worst" I ever saw was a crew member on a cruise ship that had rolls, I guess you'd call them, starting about the middle of the head thick fleshy ridges cross wise and about 3/4-1" wide and about 1/4" high all the way back to the nape of his neck--I don't know how he shaved w/o major blood loss. 

usmcpelon

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
Hey Joe-91.  With that great look dome and perfect shape I don't think you would win the worst head shape competition. That dome looks great, unless the back is flat like mine.

JOE-91

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
That picture is taken at a decent angle, I have a rise sort of like Agassi but far more pronounced with a bump that meets in the middle, the back pokes right out too. It looks terrible under light.

I hate to be negative because there is a great vibe on this forum, but let's be honest when something looks bad you just need to admit it. So, with people on here concerned about the shapes of there head, has anyone looked into any sort of surgery? There must be some sort of implants/ surgery to even out areas of your head.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:44 PM »
That picture is taken at a decent angle, I have a rise sort of like Agassi but far more pronounced with a bump that meets in the middle, the back pokes right out too. It looks terrible under light.

I hate to be negative because there is a great vibe on this forum, but let's be honest when something looks bad you just need to admit it. So, with people on here concerned about the shapes of there head, has anyone looked into any sort of surgery? There must be some sort of implants/ surgery to even out areas of your head.

I don't know how well that could work because the skull supposedly shrinks as you get old.  Dunno... maybe it would work with a soft silicone implant that could change shape over time?  But then you'd have a mushy head that could feel really strange... but then you could avoid those annoying knocks on the noggin with a little sub-dermal padding...  Hum... That might be kinda nice considering I just tapped my head on a marble countertop about 4 times today.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Cypher

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2010, 11:42:44 AM »
Ok.. Here's mine - Not perfect but not that bad either..

im 20 years old by the way.. and.. balding..

That doesnt bother me anymore though, thanks to you guys!  :)
I'm honestly more irritated on my chubby face than my hair

usmcpelon

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2010, 01:58:07 PM »
Hey Cypher your head shape is similar to mine.  It bothered me for sometime, but I got used to it with the help of our bald brother here at Sly Bald Guys. 

It doesn’t really look that bad.  At least it’s not too flat but has some roundness to it.  It’s a pretty good looking bald head.