Author Topic: New Member - First timer....  (Read 7854 times)

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
New Member - First timer....
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:45:15 PM »
Hey guys, great forum you have here.  I've learned alot lurking here the last few days and I appreciate the info.  I decided to join in the fun!

I'm 41, married to my high school sweetheart for 20 years and have two great kids who are 15 and 11.  I have 2 labs and a schnoodle.  One of my hobbies is baseball and that's where I get my user name, as I enjoy umpiring baseball at the High School level.  I also coach the game and we have a tournament team that my 11 year old son plays for. 

I am looking forward to working summer baseball games with a cooler, shaved head!!

I shaved the dome last night, so it's been about 24 hours bald.  The profile pic was just taken earlier tonight, so the shadow is there.  I just got out of the shower a minute ago and am sporting a cleanly shaven dome now!

No, I do not have any MPB, nor does it run in the family.  I just like the look and thought it would be cool to give it a try.  I'm not one to care about anyone's opinions anyway, and I'm overly confident in general (some say arrogant), so I decided to do it.  I'm not sure why I it did now, the feeling just hit me, I had so time, so I went for it.

One reason I could give for shaving is my gray hair.  My hair startrd going gray in  my early twenties, so this is the first time in twenty years I haven't had gray hair!  That's a plus...

One negative is my ears as they do stick out a little (okay, alot).  Plus, one sticks out farther then the other, so I get some laughs (bald head or not).  I tell people the one sticking out farther was the one my mother pulled me around by (which is true).

I will say shaving the noggin was easier then I expected, and I used the advice I read here on these forums.  I stocked up on some good razors and gel, and bought some lotion as well. 

My co-workers freaked out a little today, but it wasn't as bad as I expected, actually.  Plus I work with a couple that are sly, so they took up for me real quick and we had a good laugh.

My family, well, they're not so thrilled.  My kids will be alright, but my wife HATES it!!!!!  I didn't tell anyone that I was even planning on doing this, so it was a complete surprise to everyone.  The wife is PIISSED right now and I hope she will calm down about it.

If anyone has any "spouse getting over the bald head" stories, please let me know!

Well, that's about it for now.  I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how it's going.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New Member - First timer....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:58 PM »

...  I'm not one to care about anyone's opinions anyway, and I'm overly confident in general (some say arrogant), so I decided to do it.

Well, I'll give you an opinion, anyway.   Looks great!  O0   Welcome to the group.

Offline ncblue

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »
Thanks RazorX.  I just threw that line in there since I had read some posts about the sly look giving some people confidence and new attitudes.  I thought you guys would get a kick out it.

Actually, I really do need some opinions (and I appreciate yours) as I really don't know whether this look is right for me or not.

I think I would LOVE it for sure if the top of my head was darker.  I've read I need to give it 30 days, and that's exactly what I plan to do.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:02:29 PM »

Actually, I really do need some opinions (and I appreciate yours) as I really don't know whether this look is right for me or not.

IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU ?  What you talkin about Willis....Dude you rock the look bro.  Hell yes it looks good.  Bro you have to give it the 30 days.  I have been meaning to ask in the forums about how to make the top a little darker.  Has anyone thought about that lotion that gives you a tan.  THey have some that are light med and dark...i thogut I would try some that was the light and work my way to the medium.  Just didnt know if that would work or not.  Just seeing what everyone else thougth about ...but as for you ..bro.....LOOKS GREAT! KEEP IT

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:03:09 PM »
Getting some color on your scalp will definitely help.  And if your hair is greying, as you indicated, over time the shadow will fade somewhat.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »

I have been meaning to ask in the forums about how to make the top a little darker.  Has anyone thought about that lotion that gives you a tan.  THey have some that are light med and dark...i thogut I would try some that was the light and work my way to the medium.  Just didnt know if that would work or not. 

I wouldn't.  It could turn you into the orange equivalent of that blue guy.  Very hard to keep the color even and consistent, not to mention the fact that orange would clash badly with those red shorts of yours.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
No no no ...not that lotion that turns you orange..i will have to look at the stuff my wife has.  It is very pale in color...
not like that sunless tannign lotion that turns your hands orange when you use it..  this is like a real gradual toning lotion.....just keeps teh whiteness away. 

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
Welcome Chris ... Dome looks good sly
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 10:38:07 PM »
Chris, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!   Thanks for joining up and posting a great introduction.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline jmcmana

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
Bad ass, I know I'm not arguing balls and strikes....

looks great, welcome!
"Get your shine on"

Offline charlesh1609

• Sly Stylin' Slickster
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »
Agent 47?  Is that you??
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 12:02:20 AM »
WELCOME "BLU" TO THE "family", like the others have said give it a lil time to see if YOU like it , The TRICK to the wifey, :px   is try to find a place that you get alot of compliments , and then just sorta HAPPEN to take her THERE ,  ::) and let HER hear YOU get complimented!  ONE good place for bald complments is your local T***Y bar, BUT that might not be a good place to take the wife! ALTHOUGH, some women like them , but if you frequent one ALOT , dont go there , she might not like all the dancers  !B@ calling you by NAME  :x!  could be painull when ya get home.  GLAD to see you come out and log in , hope to see ya OFTEN !
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 12:04:26 AM »
Dude, I wouldn't worry about messing up your looks, you got the classic features most women love..

You're kinda like when they draw a bald dude in a comic...a bit more evil and interesting and always BALD..the good guy hero, always with HAIR, kinda boring

...both are not ever drawn ugly at all...

I'm sure you can pull off both well in the real world!

You wear the bald head well my newly balded brutha O0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:10:08 AM by BALDANDRE »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 12:33:44 AM »
chris....welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  u look like a natural.  jump in & join the fun by being an active member of the best site on the internet. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

marty22

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 05:44:09 AM »
welcome!