Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624025 times)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1305 on: March 07, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »
Have tried most of the top razors,including a DE . Fusion, quatro,sensor, Braun,Bic Hybrib,and other cheaper types. But for me the Mark 3 is best hands down.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Beadog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1306 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
Just starting with the head shaving, but using my Feather DX straight razor at first. I have about a dozen DE's, and at least that many traditional straight razors that I will rotate through, to decide which works best for me.

Offline Red Haired King

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1307 on: May 20, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
I shaved my head for 3 years when I was in the military. I only used a Mach 3 razor. It something about that razor. I think it is just engineered that way to just work.

Now, I will say that the razor burn was awful. I developed a routine to minimize the burn, but it was truly a task to shave my head.

Now I use a DE razor and will never return to cartridge blades again. I wish I would have known about safety razors years ago. My next task is to learn how to use a straight razor.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1308 on: May 21, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »
Razor burn is not really about the razor. It about how you shave!!

Offline Titus

• The younger
  • Sly Jr.
  • Que sera sera.
« Reply #1309 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »
So far I've only used a few disposables, and oddly got the best shave out of a Bic...

Tonight I massively upgrade, and try out my brand new Headblade ATX. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I like it. I went over my head a few times with the safety plastic still on the blades, just to get the hang of the motions. Seems very fluid, and I enjoy it.

Edit: Very good shave! I have trouble with the contours on the back of my neck though, to shave my neck. My head is perfectly smooth! Unfortunately, I nicked myself going over a bug bite.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:35:52 PM by Titus »

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
« Reply #1310 on: July 04, 2015, 04:11:32 PM »
I use the HeadBlade ATX,but I will admit I also bought a women's razor before I discovered HeadBlade. It's an excellent product and so far I haven't cut myself yet(knock on wood.) I already have two HeadBlades,a yellow one and a pink one with a Limited Edition purple one on the way for my birthday. :)

Offline Nyoxios

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1311 on: July 18, 2015, 06:17:11 PM »
So far I've only used a few disposables, and oddly got the best shave out of a Bic...

Tonight I massively upgrade, and try out my brand new Headblade ATX. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I like it. I went over my head a few times with the safety plastic still on the blades, just to get the hang of the motions. Seems very fluid, and I enjoy it.

Edit: Very good shave! I have trouble with the contours on the back of my neck though, to shave my neck. My head is perfectly smooth! Unfortunately, I nicked myself going over a bug bite.

The Bic one is a beast :D I use the Bic 3 Flex & Easy. I do my whole head with it, then rinse it. There are always spots I cannot reach, I use a disposable 2 blade razor for those spots.

Offline Ashtad

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1312 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »
I've switched from headblade (forget the model) to a safety razor and I'm not looking back. The razor is an Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl with Derby Extra blades, though I was told recently also that I should opt to try a sample pack of blades to find the best one, I just don't feel the need to. I'm not sure if it's important to mention that I'm not using a shaving brush and shaving soap on my head (face is a different story!) but a shaving oil, but I did lol. It seems my head hair gets cut closer/cleaner with the oil.

Apart from nicking the random bug bite, I'm loving it! And the price of blades being so cheap, I'm not going to ever complain LOL

PS: It's been a while since on the boards. Glad to be back!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1313 on: July 21, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
Edwin Jagger is a super DE machine!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #1314 on: July 23, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »
Thanks to insights gained from members on this site, I have almost completely switched from a multi-blade cartridge to a DE. I think every man should know how to shave with a DE...it has allowed me to "slow down" and enjoy the activity of shaving.   I am even using the DE on my head occasionally when I don't use the #000000 clipper on my head.  I still occasionally use the multi-blade when I am in a rush, and I still use a Track II around my nose/upper lip - I just can't get in there very well with either of the other two.  It's good to have the choice of several different shaving tools.  I also alternate among 3 different brushes and have tried some different shaving soaps. I even bought a "Travel Brush" and a "Travel DE" for my dop kit for when I am on the road! 

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1315 on: July 23, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »
I have used a few DE's and after a lot of testing i much prefer the Mach3

Offline Tom Ford

« Reply #1316 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
i shaved my head for the first time with  Muhle DE R89 DE razor with a Personna Blue blade, which is what I'd normally use on my face.  It took a while, but the result was great.

I've since got myself a headblade, and that was easier and provided as just a closer shave as my DE.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1317 on: August 03, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »
With a DE time is needed to carefull shave the head. It is easier and quicker to shave with a 'normal' razor. I found with a DE i had to go very carefully! Even then i would get a cut now and again!

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #1318 on: August 18, 2015, 04:50:09 PM »
Currently a 1954 Gillette SS with Derby blades.

Offline Floydian

• DIg that hole, forget the sun...
« Reply #1319 on: March 21, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
Hi everyone! I am a bit hesitant to use a blade on my head for the first time, so I want to go for something that is a bit more forgiving than let's say the double edge razor that I regularly use on my face. I am currently on the fence between the headblade and an electric razor. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Enter your email address: