Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626942 times)

Offline fidelcashflow

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1290 on: October 19, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »
Tried and true Gillette fusion blades. The only downside to those is that after the first use the blades get really dull quick in my experience. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and have seen a lot of conversation about Dorco blades. I might order some off of Amazon in the near future. I have seen them on e-bay for dirt (and I mean DIRT) cheap. But to me, that reeks of someone selling stolen blades, and I couldn't in all good consciousness, support that.

Offline DC

• DC
  • Sly
« Reply #1291 on: October 23, 2014, 09:56:19 AM »
Although I've been on the DE tip for months, I've started to go back to the Gillette Fusion myself.  Although a tad costly, it allows me a good shave with less time-especially when I have to get my 6-year old to school (and I to work) in the a.m.  The DE may be my "vacation shave" when I have the luxury of time.
“You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh.

Offline JoslynPatino

« Reply #1292 on: November 13, 2014, 09:38:15 PM »
I like what you guys shared. I am currently looking for the best electric razor in the market today. Good thing I bumped into this forum. Many thanks!

Offline Dann

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1293 on: November 15, 2014, 07:24:00 AM »
My go-to razor is a 40's-50's Gillette Ball-end Tech that I bought at an antique store for $12.
Definitely nothing fancy and not in the best condition, but it outshaves my cartridge and more expensive DEs.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1294 on: November 15, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
Mach 3 for me is a superb razor. Tried DE and its not for me. Cartridge gives me a great shave which is hassle free and just as fun. Ok, more expensive but i need to be comfortable with my shaves.

Offline awkm4

« Reply #1295 on: December 22, 2014, 07:46:51 PM »
I gave the ATX a fair trail but sadly it didn't work out for me. I'm back using the Headblade sport with Gillette Sensor 3 blades.

Paul D

Offline tmgrood

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1296 on: December 22, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
I used to use Mach 3 and then switched to Harry's but about a month ago I cut a big chunk of my noggin off using a blade so I have now switched to a Panasonic electric razor. It is an ES-LA93-K.
I am very pleased with it. I mean very. This is the first electric razor I have used that actually feels as thought I've used a razor blade and I can walk around the house while using plus no more cuts or nicks.
I have been shaving my head for about 4 years and I have finally found the perfect razor, at least for me.

Offline Harleyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1297 on: December 31, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Headblade atx love it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Get codes for Facebook, Hi5, MySpace and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/140224/sampf09f1299b683a4f3.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline baldass_mark

« Reply #1298 on: January 07, 2015, 03:00:15 AM »
i use dorco (CHEAP) and gillette fusion. .. woooooh my first comment. newbie here  ;D

Offline baldbob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1299 on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:07 AM »
I used a Fusion knockoff from CVS and Shave Secret for years, but recently switched to an electric. I use the Panadonic ES-LT33 Arc 3 and really like it. It's easier on the dome and gives me a super smooth shave. If you want to try an electric for under $100, I would recommend this one. I got tired of replacing blades so often. With the electric, I don't have to worry about that. Just got the Panasonic for Christmas so I don't know about durability, but I've heard good things from other guys about that.

Offline Silkeeslim

« Reply #1300 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »
Head blade, S4 Eclipse, and S4 Shark, still not 100% which of the 2 is my favorite, but hey, they both do an awesome job!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1301 on: January 18, 2015, 06:11:34 AM »
Well, as some of you know i used a Brawn Series 3 to shave head for some time but now find it just doesnt last long!! No way am i going to keep paying for a new head for it! Much prefer the Mach3 these days. DE was nice but too sensitive and nicks and cuts and i just couldnt relax shaving with one. Mach 3 is quick, easy, simple and just superb!

Offline joandcruz

« Reply #1302 on: March 07, 2015, 12:24:47 AM »
I use Wilkinson Sword Extreme 3 with changeable heads, and I'm just trialling Gillette Fusion (5 blade) but the improvement is only very marginal and doesn't justify the price premium. I like the Gillette Mach3 Power as well.

Ironically, for my face I use a rechargeable shaver as wet blades always nick my face - they don't do that on my head though.
Pick up virtue from everyone

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1303 on: March 07, 2015, 02:56:38 AM »
5 blades, having tried them, are overkill. 3 in a cart is more than enough

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #1304 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
I currently use a headblade ATX, find it much easier than using a normal razor.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Enter your email address: