OK been shaving head for about two weeks.
I have been having an issue with the back of my neck, specifically in one spot, rest of the head is fine.
This spot always is red and blotchy, I can tone it down some, but never really get rid of it. And now some small acne pimples are forming there too.
I thought it was the razor I was using (Headblade ATX), so I tried a Mach 3 today and this is the worst it has been. (sidenote: really did not like the Mach 3 compared to the Headblade, I felt like I really had to push it down to get it slick, and I actually had a bunch of cuts, which I never had with the Headblade, so will be going back to headblade for future shaves.)
OK the pic below might look really bad, but it is right after shaving, it lightens up a lot and does not seem to be that bad, still bad, but not as bad after 30 mins or so.
(I am a shower shaver)
1. Run head under warm water to open pours for min or two.
2. Use head scrub to exfoliate.
3. Quick rinse maybe a little shampoo.
4. Shave with head slick and head blade. (first WTG, then ATG)
5. Put on head clear and/or witch hazel, sometimes both (let sit for few mins while I wash body)
6. Do a cold rinse of head to close pores up for a min or however long I can take it.
7. Lightly pat head dry. Sometimes use ice cube all over head, especially in the bad spot on back of neck.
8. Put on head lube moisturizer or Aloe Vera Gel (lately Aloe Vera Gel, because that seems to soothe it and lighten it up a lot more.)
9. That's it.
Any help, tips, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I really want to keep it shaved and slick!!