Author Topic: Merkur 34C ?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
Merkur 34C ?
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:14:39 PM »
I just ordered one from Amazon....I live in Las Vegas and it seems that you can't find anything as exotic as shaving cream, soaps or safety Razors or double edged blades for that matter here...guess we are to remote out here in the sticks! :/O Anybody here use one? Do you like it? I have some old Gillette with a plastic handle that I have had for years and am upgrading...looking forward to it getting here...should be here this Wednesday . My wife thinks I'm nuts because I want a new razor after getting the Bald Eagle for my birthday in April....she's probably right but I really like the whole shaving experience...including shaving my face since I started using a brush and bowl and a DE razor. The funny thing is I never cared for shaving at all until I shaved my head the first time, that changed my whole outlook on shaving and my life really since I treat it as a hobby and not a chore any longer. O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Merkur 34C ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »
Congrats ... the Merkur 34C is a great safety razor.  I know a lot of wet shavers from other forums who use it.  You are gonna love it.  Keep us posted.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »
I have a Merkur 34C.  It's really a good razor - well made, nicely weighted.  One thing I've noticed is that the Merkur shaves the temples very cleanly with no razor burn at all. 

I know what you mean about not caring for shaving until you went sly.  I thought shaving my face every morning was a chore, but for some reason after I began shaving my head, I started to enjoy the whole ritual. 

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
I got my Merkur yesterday and gave it a test drive this morning.....WOW! I got the best head shave I have ever had! I used Personna blades and Proraso shave cream with it. I used the blades and Proraso with my old Gillette DE and got pretty good results but the new razor really took it to another level. Based on my experience if someone were to ask me is it really worth it to spend money on a quality razor I would say absolutely !  O0 O0 O0