Author Topic: Hair is driving me crazy!  (Read 9548 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
Hair is driving me crazy!
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I challenged myself to grow my hair.  Not just grow it, grow it long, as in past my shoulders.  This would be a 1.5 to 2 year project.  I'm going a bit crazy.  I look kind of longingly at my razor.  I get myself all resolved to keep going, then I look on the forum. 

I'm trying to decide.  I love the feel of a freshly shaved head, but I've never had long hair before and have always wanted to try it.  I've been BBC, so I have plenty of hair and I think it would look good long, but ...  What a quandary!   :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:20:57 PM by socknoggle »

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
Re: Hair is driving me crazy!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 01:28:37 PM »
A quandary indeed.  However looking at the very contented smile on your current photo I think I  know the answer. 
Roger

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:45:16 PM »
Hey, if you can and want to, I say have at it.

I decided to grow out my beard for just about the same reason.

You know that razor always will be ready when you are.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
I have the same thoughts sometimes, but can't seem to get past 4 or 5 weeks. One thing is my white hair. I look in the mirror an see an old man with grey hair. Pretty soon I can't stop thinking about shaving my head. I just went smooth again 2 days ago, and am enjoying my morning headshave with my de razor!

That brings up the question, why is this urge to have a shaved bald head so addicting?
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »
I feel the same way reddog about my gray hair. That is my gray fringe. I see it and I feel old and tired. When I shave bald I feel just the opposite. I can't stand seeing the gray hair on my head. What I don't understand is I have no trouble looking in the mirror at a white beard everyday. I hope one day to figure that one out. Then there is the body hair, arms, legs and chest all dark brown so that doesn't match the face. Hoping when I'm around 100 it will start to even out!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:30:19 PM »
I feel the same way reddog about my gray hair. That is my gray fringe. I see it and I feel old and tired. When I shave bald I feel just the opposite. I can't stand seeing the gray hair on my head. What I don't understand is I have no trouble looking in the mirror at a white beard everyday. I hope one day to figure that one out. Then there is the body hair, arms, legs and chest all dark brown so that doesn't match the face. Hoping when I'm around 100 it will start to even out!

Well, at least with your fringe being gray (I guess you had a horseshoe) it can't be seen at all when you shave! On a serious note, I plan to grow out my hair in June so I can get a few designs shaved into my head for my birthday in July...(no, seriously)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
Yes, 4fit, I think that too about my beard. I have mentioned here about possibly coloring my beard dark, but have been discouraged by some of the guys here. And I'm extremely chicken to shave off the facial hair.

And yes, SirHarry, it's great having no shadow at all when we shave the grey hair!

Offline 4fit

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 05:11:54 AM »
I do love not having to deal with head shadow. Now if I shaved my arms, legs or chest then I would get my shadow "payback". Big time! LOL.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:50 AM »
Socknoggle, if you have the itch to try long hair, then by all means give ti a try while you still have the hair growing.  You never know when it may leave and take away the option.  I now regret I did not try different hairstyle while I had enough hair to do so.
SlyBeard

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 10:40:44 AM »
You might as well try it while you have it .You can always rejoin the club at a later date .
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:42:56 AM »
I know what you mean Reddog, shaving is very addicting.  I think that's why I've been having trouble.  For me, there's something calming about shaving my head.  I love the feel of the razor gliding over my scalp.  I haven't shaved in almost 3 weeks now and I miss it.  However, I know that if I do, I'll think to myself, "now why did you do that?  What happened to growing it long?" 

I appreciate your feedback, as always.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »
When shaving after a few weeks of growing, I feel relieved. I think some of the addiction is actually is the act of shaving the head. I really look forward to and enjoy a nice long double edge razor headshave routine. I also like the look of a smooth bald head on me and most other guys.

Offline HappyGoSly

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 12:37:23 PM »
I'm indecisive about my hair as well. Making a change to go shorter/shaving can be made quickly, but growing it, not so much. I've yet to go 30 days BBC!

Take it a day at a time, the razor will still be there tomorrow.

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 05:13:12 AM »
I reached a conclusion last night.  The fact that I was so conflicted over growing my hair long is that, deep down, I didn't really want to.  So my thoughts kept drifting back to going back to a shaved dome.  Well, I decided being bald was what I really wanted, so I took out all my shaving supplies and am now rocking a nice, smooth scalp, just like I'm meant to. 

Thanks for all your support, my sly fam!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 08:08:02 AM »
Well, sometimes we have to try something different to make sure it's what we wanted. At least you tried it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Enter your email address: