Author Topic: mom told me to shave if off  (Read 4495 times)

Offline dart24

• Sly Jr.
mom told me to shave if off
« on: November 30, 2015, 09:02:11 PM »
She said that the areas where its thin already look bad and i should shave it off and do some facial style.
Now it makes me sad seeing photos like half a year where in the photo it looks as if my hair is fine
I am kinda scared what people gonna if i do it.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: mom told me to shave if off
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 09:20:28 PM »
Here's something I never say: Listen to your mother!   :D

Mothers are usually the ones who are most resistant to a man shaving his head.  If your mother thinks you will look better shaved, she probably has good reason to think so.  And if she isn't going to give you a hard time, neither will anyone else.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:14:58 AM »
A supportive mother!!  What are you waiting for.  It sounds like it is time to shave and you will say 'why didn't I do this sooner".  The added confidence is just a bonus.
Roger

Offline dart24

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:22:02 AM »
Well,she also said that i should try going to the barber that maybe he might do something that will look good.
Actually she is cool with anything that might make it look good whatever its a realstic wig or that scalp tattoo.
She saw me when i shaved my head i trimmed it down to 0.8mm and it looked ok..better than having thin hair,
The problem is peoples opinions,i take judgments very hard,ive shaved it like few years ago and i worked in a place with lots of 18-21 females and they didnt really liked it although one girl thought it looked good,most guys said it looks good on me though,nobody really said that i looked ugly but i got those remarkes:you look like a bandit,or someone who broke from the prison,or nazi,maybe it as because i had army uniform.
Anyway i feelt presure.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 06:47:16 AM »
Those comments are normal when a guy first shaves.  The are due to the sudden change and are not really objective.  If it bothers you, then just buzz it down gradually to a lower setting.  After buzzing for some time, you can shave and no one will even take notice.
SlyBeard

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:32:39 AM »
As said...buzz it...a barber can't really add hair, so "cut your losses" and enjoy the way of the sly

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
It's something you have to come to terms with. It may not be what you want but shaving is the best option available to you. Once you accept that, the rest is easy.

Offline dart24

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 10:38:18 AM »
As said...buzz it...a barber can't really add hair, so "cut your losses" and enjoy the way of the sly

He can make a haircut that might make the thining look less,like trimming the thining area really low and then shaving the sides and the back even shorter,and that might help.
Also i want him to make some cool facial hair,where i live i see so many people with such cool facial hair styles dont know how they make it so smoth and edgy and straight.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
Seriously. You have to stop worrying about what other people might think, and do what makes YOU happy.

Then own it.

No, a bald head is not going to be the favorite of everyone - but neither are man buns, beards, glasses, skinny jeans, or Starbucks' lattes despite how in fashion they might be at the time. Have confidence in yourself to be yourself.

If someone makes an inane comparison, laugh it off. Those comments usually stop as soon as people get over the surprise of the new look.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 08:45:34 PM »
All of us, though to varying degrees, struggle with what people think of us. It's not cool to admit it, but it does affect us.
But the fact remains that we each have to act for ourselves, and sometimes being the bold one yields rewards.
If I had asked people whether I should shave my head, I doubt anyone in my life would have said yes. But now that I've done it, I get compliments. And I feel good about how I look, even if I hadn't gotten compliments.
Do what you're gonna do, but do it for you.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 04:48:47 PM »
Cave Dweller got it right. Ultimately, the only opinion that matters is your own. If you're okay with it, go for it and don't worry about what anyone else says.
Hair is over rated.