Author Topic: Rash on my head (or psoriasis etc?)  (Read 2670 times)

Offline Mustafa

• Learning the way of Sly
Rash on my head (or psoriasis etc?)
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:36:59 PM »
Hey guys,

I took the plunge yesterday and shaved my head. Not because I'm losing my hair but because I live in a subtropical area and my hair is naturally really thick; just feels more comfortable without it.

When I shaved it I noticed a rash underneath the hair. I'm not sure what it is but it's pretty severe. I get dandruff a *lot* so it may be something related to that.

I tried to shave my head years ago but the scales underneath were so severe that I stopped trying.

Anyone know what it is, what to do about it?

It doesn't hurt, and it's not itchy etc, it just looks weird.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Re: Rash on my head (or psoriasis etc?)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
Do you sweat a lot? Your scalp may be irritated from all of the humidity. 100% aloe vera gel would be good to put on it and try to minimize exposure to the outside air if you can.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 09:59:12 PM »
Whatever it is; it is worth a visit to a dermatologist to get the correct diagnosis and receive the correct  treatment for it.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »
Whatever it is; it is worth a visit to a dermatologist to get the correct diagnosis and receive the correct  treatment for it.

I agree.

Did you figure out what it was?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mustafa

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »
I did, actually. It's severe psoriasis. After a few days of going bald, it's pretty much completely cleared up :)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:11:09 AM »
I have the same issue, terrible folliculitis that disappears within a few days when I shave. Glad you had success.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
I did, actually. It's severe psoriasis. After a few days of going bald, it's pretty much completely cleared up :)

Hey great news Mustafa!  Post a new photo of yourself so we can see how great you look with your now healed sly head!