Author Topic: Bump Problem Fixed?  (Read 1487 times)

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
Bump Problem Fixed?
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
I've upped the frequency of my head shaving to almost every day. I had been starting to get some bumps, but only on the back of my neck. It was really bothering me, so I ordered some Bump Patrol based on word of mouth here on the forum.
However, before the Bump Patrol arrived, I decided to try one other thing.

When I shave the back of my head, I bend my head forward (chin to chest) to get a nice close shave on the back of my neck and head. I began to wonder whether that was causing the bumps.

So this week I decided to just keep my head in its normal upright position when shaving the back of my head and the back of my neck.

Result: I'm still getting a very close shave, but no more bumps.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Bump Problem Fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 07:06:29 AM »
Hey Junk, I'm glad you are finding the little tricks that work for you. Funny how some of the basic shaving techniques work for everyone, but we all fine tune the routine that works for yourself.

When I started headshaving, I struggled with razor bumps and Bump Patrol worked great for me. The biggest discovery that worked for me was switching the the double edge safety razor.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
Re: Bump Problem Fixed?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:21:39 PM »
We all got different heads, eh?  :)
Yeah, I really want to try the DE shave, but I'm going to give it some more time. Maybe next year for Father's Day I'll ask for a nice Merkur.

Maybe bending my head forward was the equivalent of stretching the skin before shaving, which resulted in too close a shave just there on the back of my neck? Because even without bending my head, the shave is good and close.

Anywho, maybe someone else is in the same boat as me and this will help? Or maybe not. :)