Author Topic: What to do with social media and online dating photos post shave?  (Read 3489 times)

Offline asianman

• Sly Guy in Training
Do you update all your dating profiles to reflect your baldness? Do you mix the pre-shave and post-shave photos? Would girls find it to be deceptive to post photos of you with hair online and end up meeting you shaved?

Offline DavidA2571

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What to do with social media and online dating photos post shave?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
Post photos of who you are now. You are sporting the bald look now.    Gosh knows how deceptive people can be on dating sites. I can't tell you how many women I have met who only posted photos of their face.  I learned why. 

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »
Be honest and keep the photos current.  Although I have been married for over 27 years and never used such back when I was single, I would have been upset if a friend set me up on a blind date based on a photo that was "dated" and not accurate.
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »
Absolutely change your photos to your bald look. I periodically grow my hair to a short flattop, so I was changing photos alot. Now I just leave my shaved head photos online, as I usually don't grow hair more than a month or so. After about a week, I break out in a bad dermatitis issue. As soon as I shave, it's gone in about 3 days. Even though I have a full head of hair, I guess mother nature has determined I should remain bald.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 05:26:07 PM »
If you plan to be bald when you meet a woman in person, then by all means post pictures of you with a shaved head.  Anything else is false advertising.  I don't think you would want the woman showing up looking markedly different than her picture, would you?

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »
I might post the most flattering pics of you with hair and also bald. That way, the right person might see you in the light that they like best...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 06:07:39 AM »
Absolutely change your photos to your bald look. I periodically grow my hair to a short flattop, so I was changing photos alot. Now I just leave my shaved head photos online, as I usually don't grow hair more than a month or so. After about a week, I break out in a bad dermatitis issue. As soon as I shave, it's gone in about 3 days. Even though I have a full head of hair, I guess mother nature has determined I should remain bald.

Besides, RedDog, you rock the bald look.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
Thanks Dan, I'm already looking forward to spring so I can enjoy the sun on my dome, and not have to wear a hat outside!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
When I first shaved my head I had some photo's taken by my dad ( who did the shave for me) I added those to my dating profile ( and social media). I also mentioned on the dating profile that I had started shaveing my head.

As time went on I had more and more photos taken of me being sly. I updated my professional headshot as well. The more sly photos I had the more I phased out photos where I had (visible) hair. Now just over a year later all my dating profile(s) have photos with sly me.

So, in a nutshell, my advice is have atleast 1 photos of you sly to start with, be honest that you have gone sly, and update with more accurate photos as you go/ decide to stay sly.

Hope this helps