Author Topic: Newly bald - hate my punch graft scars  (Read 12206 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Newly bald - hate my punch graft scars
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »
Wow, I am really impressed!  Just today I was at my endocrinologists office.  His assistant who draws the blood and gives the injections is a really nice young latin american guy in his early 20's.  He is a super nice young man who is also a cancer survivor.  He has a bald spot just behind his temple about the size of a silver dollar.  He happened to mention the bald spot today and so I told him about SMP - he had never heard of it before.  He was excited to hear about it and is going to look into it. 

Offline SlySwiss

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 04:36:42 AM »
Congratulations on finding a solution. Remember, the key is to follow the aftercare instructions as close as possible. Also, in time, after the appropriate number of sessions, the punched area will become almost undetectable. Feel free to stick around and keep us posted!

Thanks Harry. About aftercare, I've been told not to wash or cut the area for 7-10 days, no sun, no sweating and so on. Anything else I should do or not do?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:36 AM »
Swiss, if you blade shave, you should wait about 10 days. You can, however, shave with a foil shaver or clippers after day four. Avoid washing your scalp with soap for at least three days. If you're going to be in the sun you may have to wear a hat/cap/stocking cap to cover that area. A fitted cap might be better, as a cap with the adjustable strap may still leave the treated area exposed. If you don't mind me asking, is the punch scars all the way around your head or just the strip shown in the pictures? One more thing. If you've only had one treatment, I would wait about 7 days before you go for the second treatment and about four weeks for each treatment thereafter. But every case is different, what I posted is for the average SMP patient. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »
Looks a lot better.

Offline SlySwiss

• Learning the way of Sly
Follow up #2
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 11:40:41 AM »
Hi guys,

Here is a picture 10 days after my second SMP (micro pigmentation). Its a little bit dark but that will fade too. I am planning a third session at the end of December and hopefully I'll be done for a couple of years.

I am really happy with the result. I love being bald. The freedom not worrying about the scars is very liberating. Thanks for the support!

I hope other people hiding scars will read this and have the courage to go bald like I did.

Best wishes.
/Swiss 

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »
Excellent news!

I had to look closely and compare this pic with your previous ones to see anything. I think if I had not known what I was looking for, I would not have been able to tell what the subject of your latest pic was.

I am very glad this is working for you.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 11:47:47 AM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 12:30:44 PM »
Congratulations, thanks for the update! Keep us posted and continue to participate. Also if you have any further questions, feel free to PM me.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 01:24:29 PM »
It has really turned out well, almost impossible to see the scars.
SlyBeard

Offline MunkyMunk

• Sly
  • Won't shave below the neck
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »
Wow - so much improvement. It's really remarkable. Good for you!