Author Topic: First Shave With DE Edwin Jagger 89 [Questions]  (Read 2794 times)

Offline dylanje

• Learning the way of Sly
First Shave With DE Edwin Jagger 89 [Questions]
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:30:36 AM »
Hey guys,

Just had my first shave ever using a DE blade. It felt really good on my face, but on my head it wasn't very smooth and I ended up with more razor burn than I get with a Gilette Fusion that I was using before (didn't get any burn before).
It was getting stuck a few times as well.

Pretty sure it's because of the angle I was using? Or my prep (or lack thereof)? Or the blades (I'm using Derby's)?

I only used olive oil + a gel shaving foam. I assume that that isn't enough, what are the best tools to use?

Also, I was wondering if this is worth it? The only three factors I care about are price, time (to finish) and effectiveness. The Gillette does pretty well on the first two, but the last one is pretty tough.

Is it worth for me to invest time into this? Purely on the basis of price, time and effectiveness?

Thanks!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: First Shave With DE Edwin Jagger 89 [Questions]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:46:20 AM »
A lot of people say the same, I only use it at the weekend, as it takes me a lot longer to get a smooth shave with it, blade choice is paramount, but the shave I get is great, dead smooth and lasts all day. I use a mach 3 or Gillette fusion on work days, nice and smooth but doesn't last as long as the de, I use a shave oil with my favourite shaving cream.

Offline dylanje

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:39:24 PM »
A lot of people say the same, I only use it at the weekend, as it takes me a lot longer to get a smooth shave with it, blade choice is paramount, but the shave I get is great, dead smooth and lasts all day. I use a mach 3 or Gillette fusion on work days, nice and smooth but doesn't last as long as the de, I use a shave oil with my favourite shaving cream.

Cool thanks, any blade recommendations? I used the Derbys again this morning (in the shower this time) and they barely cut through anything.
I think I might have made the handle too tight?

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
You can buy a selection pack online, amazon etc...what I use may not agree with your skin, so probably best to try a few different types.

Enter your email address: