Author Topic: Not digging the look, nor is anyone else.  (Read 34360 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Not digging the look, nor is anyone else.
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2015, 10:48:48 AM »
One of the nice things about being mature is that one has generally learned to be less superficial.  We don't stop caring about how we look but we accept that a lot of how we look is beyond our control and stop obsessing about it.  We don't expect people to feel sorry for us because we no longer have a full head of hair.  We .... Just .... Deal With It and get on with enjoying life.   ::)

Well said RazorX.  And to add to that.  As I get older I realize just how finite life can be.  I am no longer willing to waste one single moment on worrying about the trivial. I cannot understand how some people, many of them younger, can WASTE time obsessing about silly stuff!  I make a conscious effort to learn something new each day and to pack in as much activity as possible each and every day.  I NEVER just sit at home doing "nothing".  And if there is something I know nothing about - I make a conscious effort to learn about it.  I know this, when my "time" comes I won't take solace in the fact that I wasted hours and hours of time worrying about my "looks".  I will only regret the opportunities to "do" and to "learn" that I passed by!

Offline tellersquill

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2015, 07:04:15 AM »
One of the nice things about being mature is that one has generally learned to be less superficial.  We don't stop caring about how we look but we accept that a lot of how we look is beyond our control and stop obsessing about it.  We don't expect people to feel sorry for us because we no longer have a full head of hair.  We .... Just .... Deal With It and get on with enjoying life.   ::)

Well said RazorX.  And to add to that.  As I get older I realize just how finite life can be.  I am no longer willing to waste one single moment on worrying about the trivial. I cannot understand how some people, many of them younger, can WASTE time obsessing about silly stuff!  I make a conscious effort to learn something new each day and to pack in as much activity as possible each and every day.  I NEVER just sit at home doing "nothing".  And if there is something I know nothing about - I make a conscious effort to learn about it.  I know this, when my "time" comes I won't take solace in the fact that I wasted hours and hours of time worrying about my "looks".  I will only regret the opportunities to "do" and to "learn" that I passed by!

What a great mentality to have.

I'm still somewhat vain but as I get older I feel less inclined to obsess about my looks.

There is also a fine line between vanity and looking after yourself

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »
One of the most important things we learn as we get older is that we aren't the center of everyone's attention.  It's a very liberating realization.