Author Topic: 1 day some observations  (Read 3627 times)

Offline rehanov

• Learning the way of Sly
1 day some observations
« on: September 25, 2015, 02:12:28 AM »
hi today is my first day shave my all head , first time in my life to use razor i never even knew how they are used before still in doubt if i am using them right !
anyway i bought fusion proglide and the shaving gel come with it no after shave yet
i applied the gel and shaved but here is the thing :
1-i felt i had to go with the grain and against it couple of times maybe more before the area is shaved ( i think the blades r fine since it is first time use )
2- i feel the top of my head is very shinny , is there a way to tan it a little bit
3- does anyone know a video on youtube or something that show how to shave using fusion proglide in details as i am telling u it is my first time ever to knew about razor and use them
4- i didnt use aftershave is it fine or i will feel burning and stuff later : ( just shaved 30 min ago so dont know howit gonna feel later )

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: 1 day some observations
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »
Congratulations!  Can you post some photos?

Offline rehanov

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 05:31:20 AM »
yea i guess, my next shave will be tomorrow or day after  so i can take some pics
anyway anyone can help me with the points i mentioned earlier

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 07:01:50 AM »
hi today is my first day shave my all head , first time in my life to use razor i never even knew how they are used before still in doubt if i am using them right !
anyway i bought fusion proglide and the shaving gel come with it no after shave yet
i applied the gel and shaved but here is the thing :
1-i felt i had to go with the grain and against it couple of times maybe more before the area is shaved ( i think the blades r fine since it is first time use )
Especially early on, it takes longer.  You're probably being cautious so that you don't cut yourself. Good idea. But that takes longer. Give it a week or two to master the techniques and figure out what makes the smoothest head.  With the grain first, then against the grain when you are ready. 
2- i feel the top of my head is very shinny , is there a way to tan it a little bit
Your head will tan naturally in time.  Yes, it's likely to be shiny. I personally really like the shine.  Easier if you are naturally bald rather than BBC.  Head Blade Lube MATTE, may help SOME, but don't expect miracles.  You might dust lightly with baby powder/talcum powder.
3- does anyone know a video on youtube or something that show how to shave using fusion proglide in details as i am telling u it is my first time ever to knew about razor and use them
4- i didnt use aftershave is it fine or i will feel burning and stuff later : ( just shaved 30 min ago so dont know howit gonna feel later )

After shave feels good.  Leaves a nice smell.  Helps close pores.  But not absolutely essential (at least in my opinion). 

there are lots of head shaving videos on You Tube.  I don't have a favorite or know of one that specifically addresses the Fusion.

Offline rehanov

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:23:55 AM »
u o responded  to all my concerns  thanks really appreciate the help and sorry if i wasted your time

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »
mrzed hit the main points.  Aftershave may sting momentarily, but if it does, it's only doing it's job.

As for the shine, I would let it shine!  Just be careful in direct sunlight, as your scalp could get sunburned quickly and painfully.  If you are going out during the day, bring sunblock or a hat along with you just in case you are caught outside without shade.  After a few weeks, it will start tanning a little and start matching the rest of your face.

Good luck, and post some pictures!
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:01:43 AM »
u o responded  to all my concerns  thanks really appreciate the help and sorry if i wasted your time
Not a waste of time at all. I'm here to help and encourage.

Enter your email address: