Author Topic: Couple days old  (Read 5015 times)

Offline cderochefort

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Couple days old
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
Thank you.   It seems like a great community.    Just got stopped entering the YMCA cause the guy didnt think it was my picture on the computer.   He checked my address.  Checked the birthday.   Still kept looking at me and scrunching his face.   Finally he said "oh you shaved your head!"  Was it weird for everyone to look that different?  That someone believes you are someone else?

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 03:04:03 PM »
The earrings were not enough to identify you as the same guy?

They need to take a new picture. Then you better not show up with hair! LOL.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 03:12:03 PM »
Was it weird for everyone to look that different?

My driver's license picture is about fifteen years old.

I am about 100 pounds heavier in the picture and both my beard and the horseshoe I would not take off for another twelve years are dark brown. No one (including security check points at airports and the two cops who pulled me over) ever has noticed the differences let alone commented on them.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:14:34 PM by Cave Dweller »
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
Congrats man on taking the plunge! I've been bald for about a year and a half now and love it more and more each day.  Like others said, keep the beard too.  I'm constantly accessorizing to enhance my look so keep at it.

Offline cderochefort

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »
In the YMCA guy's defense, the earrings are only a month old and the beard is only 10 days old.  So I guess I changed my look a lot in a short period of time.  It's funny though: I forgot!  He kept staring at me and asking for more information to confirm it was me, and I couldn't understand why, and when he finally smiled and said, "You shaved your head," I thought "Oh that's right!  I did shave my head."  So I think it's good I wasn't thinking about it.  I want to say again, I'm grateful for this site.  If you look up ANY kind of appearance issues for men online, let alone things about hair or shaved heads, the information is just awful and shallow and insulting and selling products and blah.  I'm glad this exists.

Enter your email address: