Author Topic: Wife: I don't have to like it, do I?  (Read 12021 times)

Offline SW-sly

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Wife: I don't have to like it, do I?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
I agree with everyone else, it certainly suits you. Being a newbie too, I've been through some similar reactions but it seems fairly short lived.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:02:38 PM »
When I had my first head shave my wife didn't really like it as she thought it a little extreme. Eventually she did get used to it & now she totally agrees that I should stay bald as she now likes the look on me and often-times cann't resist touching my bald head after a fresh shave...lol!!

Keep up the head shaving routine, bro. Your wife & others will get used to seeing you as a bald guy.

Welcome to this great site with a lot of great guys & some super advice (not just for head shaving, either...)

Bilko
BaldBill

Offline oakdan5

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »
This bothers me, how a lot of women these days feel so entitled and that harassing and insulting there significant others about a physical feature is ok by a modern day society. If men do this there are considered shallow terrible people. Feminist at its worse. I honestly don't know if I would want to stay married to someone who treated me like that over something like hair.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 03:28:24 PM »
This bothers me, how a lot of women these days feel so entitled and that harassing and insulting there significant others about a physical feature is ok by a modern day society. If men do this there are considered shallow terrible people. Feminist at its worse. I honestly don't know if I would want to stay married to someone who treated me like that over something like hair.

O0
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 04:32:25 PM »
One more advantage to being single!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2015, 02:03:54 PM »
Suits you 100% Buddy. 100%. Looks great on you!

Offline palmerproject

• Sly
  • been shaving since 5-14-2012
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
i think it looks good. my family wasn't happy either. but after about a month or 2 they got used to it and realized that i feel better this way and have been cool with it for a few years now. i guess we forget that to us it's just a haircut and to everyone else it's a drastic change in our look.
sly for life!!!

Offline cderochefort

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
Thanks for sharing everyone.  This was good to read.  Also, I agree with everyone, you look great!

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 11:00:09 AM »
Well, I'm late on this one...your 30 days is almost up, but I would have said, scrap the 30 day rule, and keep it.  A very natural look on you!

I quit looking for approval from wife and family...it never worked, if I had a dime for everything they did that I did not like, and a nickel for everything I did that they did not like, I would be retired on a yacht with an all female crew, and not writing this from my work computer in Chad.

I hope you keep it, it is a very suiting look on you!  O0
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline cderochefort

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 10:29:37 AM »
I'm wondering if she has come around yet!

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 02:06:38 AM »
My family got used to my shaved head pretty quick and easy, It's taken longer to get used my full beard (which is odd cos I have favoured some sort of facial hair since the age of 15) My mother is diplomatic about it but I can tell she isn't too keen on it
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline kalva76

• Sly Jr.
  • Shaved head, full beard
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 08:41:17 AM »
For any man reading these posts who is on the fence about taking the plunge, just go for it. Besides from looking a whole lot better (and you will, trust us), you'll gain something far more valuable: freedom from people's opinions on things that really don't matter (like hair).  I've just reached the two year mark, and only now has my wife decided (and expressed to me) that she thinks I look better bald. I appreciate that, but I had already decided that about seven days into the 30 Day Challenge for myself. Given time, family and friends will be on board, but what's most important is that you're happy with it. That's freedom.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
Good points kalva, after more than 2 years of headshaving, all but 2,of my friends have accepted my shaved head. They have both known me since I was a teen, and they just make comments like "I like you look better with hair". I'm sure there are more that don't care for it, but they keep it to themselves.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline DavidA2571

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
The key is to not get attached to what other people think, good or bad.  That is what causes suffering.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
The key is to not get attached to what other people think, good or bad.  That is what causes suffering.

Sounds a bit like Buddhist philosophy, and I do agree.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."