Author Topic: First time with HeadBlade  (Read 2074 times)

Offline kev851

• Learning the way of Sly
First time with HeadBlade
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:38:55 AM »
I have just bought a HeadBlade ATX and couldn't wait to try it out.

The results are pretty good. I think using my left hand (I'm right handed) for the left hand side of my head will take some getting used to as I managed to scratch my head with the blade. Still practice makes perfect!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: First time with HeadBlade
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:35 AM »
You may find using your right hand even on the left side of your head easier and safer. Their directions say to use the opposit hand , but that's not written in stone. Try it and see which is best for you. To reach the left side reach across the top of the head.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 11:16:50 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline kev851

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 10:48:36 AM »
I have done a few more shaves with the headblade. Think I am getting the hang of it. Using my right hand across the top of the head works (thanks for the advice Magoo). Also, I have learned not put too much pressure on the blade!

Offline jbrit25

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:46 AM »
In your opinion, how does it compare to a regular cartridge razor? I use a Schick Hydro 5 and can typically get done in 5-7 min.  Is it quicker than that? Also how is it around the ears. I've got some big ones as you can see so I have to navigate around those things.
Roll Tide!
COYS!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:26 PM »
The HeadBlade ATX works well around the ears since the blades trail behind the wheels and you can get in there.  Not so with the Sport. And the learning curve for the ATX is faster than the Sport, but the Sport gives a closer/smoother shave than the ATX.

I have both. The ATX sits in the closet, and the Sport gets daily use.

Unfortunately Walgreen’s and the rest only give one slot on the shelf to the Head Blade people and thus they can only sell ONE of the two options and for now, that is the ATX.

You can still get the Sport online, and Head Blade says they plan to support the Sport via web sales.

Mr Zed

Offline kev851

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 02:37:45 AM »
I had been using a Gillette Fusion Proglide which I find gives pretty close shave. I have only done a few headshaves with the ATX but my initial thoughts are that the results are comparable but maybe not quite as good.

I find that using the Proglide takes less time than the ATX and is generally more forgiving in that I need to be really careful with the ATX to avoid cuts. However this may be down to the fact that I am new to the ATX.

Also the Proglide cartridge has a blade running down the top edge which I find really useful for getting round awkward places at the top of the ears.

I do plan to stick with with the HeadBlade for while then hopefully I will then have a better idea how it compares with the cartridge razor.