Author Topic: Considering shaving my head bald! Should I do it?  (Read 9390 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Considering shaving my head bald! Should I do it?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:01 AM »
Very nice. Looks good on you. Hope you enjoy the new look.

Concerning concerns with razor shaving, consider these points.

When starting out, take it easy. Shave WITH the grain.  Don't press too hard. Don't aim for a super smooth feel just yet.

After a week or so of daily shaving, if no irritation issues arise, again, start out shaving WTG but follow up with Against the Grain. Again, don't scrape your head sore, just pass over in the other direction.  Give that a week of daily shaving.

Gradually increase the pressure of the razor for the closeness of shave desired and to avoid razor burn. 

Do follow up your shaves with after treatment. Witchhazel, a head lube (like from Nivea or Head Blade).  It's like a hand cream for your head.  After shave (recommend Pinaud Clubman).  Some use bump patrol and could comment on how that helps.

Thanks for posting the pictures. 

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 06:15:33 AM »
My verdict: You're nearly bald so just get your head shaved. You will love the feel & look. Don't worry about what others may or may not think or say. It's your head, your choice, and becoming a cool baldy is a great choice.

Go for it & let us know about your experience & how you feel about it.
BaldBill

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 06:06:27 AM »
Looking good. Glad that you did it.

Offline luckyone824

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 08:25:17 PM »
My verdict: You're nearly bald so just get your head shaved. You will love the feel & look. Don't worry about what others may or may not think or say. It's your head, your choice, and becoming a cool baldy is a great choice.

I kinda want to, but the only thing I'm worried about is people at work/school asking me why and having weird reactions.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2015, 10:16:18 PM »

I kinda want to, but the only thing I'm worried about is people at work/school asking me why and having weird reactions.

Everybody worries about that.  Don't let it deter you.  You would be surprised at how many people won't say anything at all.

Offline lordpeich

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 02:30:13 AM »
Nice clippershave, now go for the razorshave.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
You suit the clipper-shave, bro. You will definitely suit a nice head shave.
Next time you are at the barbers (which should be soon), just ask for a full razor shave.

You will love it. Don't worry about others reactions or lack of them.
The barber should help you with advice about how to prevent razor burn & bumps etc if you ask him/her.

All the best.
BaldBill