Author Topic: Shaved it clean  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
Re: Shaved it clean
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
You are looking stout with your head shaved. I'm willing to bet if you try the 30 day rule you'll never go back to hair again. Your wife will come around. Mine did and she's uber critical of a lot of things. Welcome to the club.

Offline nomoore

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 03:25:52 PM »
I haven't shaved it since Tuesday and I am having an issue with acne on my scalp. I thought it was ingrown hairs but now I'm not so sure. Upon close inspection I don't see the usual hair sticking out of them. I'm thinking it might be from my CPAP mask straps (I have sleep apnea). I think I'm going to go buy a do-rag or skull cap of some sort to wear under the straps. I don't want to razor shave it again until this clears up. I will keep it trimmed close though. I have a clipper with a 1\16in guard.

My wife likes the current 5 day growth much better than razor shaved. I'm not sure yet which way I like better. In my opinion the current 5 day growth makes my scalp look a little gray, which I don't like. But my wife says she doesn't notice the gray tint.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 03:29:30 PM by nomoore »
-- Nick

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 03:31:17 PM »
Buying a do-rag or skull cap may not be a bad idea. Over time, most of us don't wash our bedwear often enough, and the sweat and dirt can easily get into the pores of a shaved head especially if you are new to head shaving. I know your wife says she doesn't like it (at least not now), but that is what the 30-day rule is for. Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 01:27:53 AM »
Whether you opt for shaving or the equivalent of a few day's growth is really up to you.  You've made the big step now, and that is what's important.  While I prefer to shave every day, it's certainly not a requirement, and I tend to agree with what some others have said that shaving every few days produces a possibly more satisfying shave.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 05:46:30 AM »
Looks great. Congrats on your first shave.
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 09:01:08 AM »
Looks great,congrats!
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Big Jon

• Sly Jr.