Author Topic: Product Ideas  (Read 1786 times)

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
Product Ideas
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
I'm gonna go shopping this weekend, and while I'm shopping I'm gonna pick up some things for my future shave.  Still scared but it's definitely time!! So I need ideas on what to get.  I tried reading other posts but it was just to much info so I thought I'd start my own.  I seen witch hazel and bump patrol are on alot of lists.  But does it matter what type of bump patrol? Like max strength etc?  As for witch hazel, there are numerous kinds I seen, one with cucumber, aloe vera, menthol, any one better?  I don't razor shave my face so I have no clue what to use.  I know this is the millionth and one time this has been asked.  If it helps, I don't use a razor on my face because of the sensitivity, so I'm sure my head will be too.  What razor should I use? Thinking of getting a gillett pro glide one and a Schick hydro 5, trying them both on my face first and seeing if it helps.  Or is there better options for that too?  Shaving gel, oils? After shave? Anything helps!! You guys rocks, thanks!

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
Re: Product Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
I have a couple divots and crevices in my head, so maybe there's a razor out there that's better at getting those areas too?

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:52:08 AM »
I use a Gillette Mach3 its served me well over the years, the products I really like is the Milkman range, it's mostly available online though
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
Gillette mach 3 here also, nice close shave and never caused me irritation.... When I first started head shaving, I bought all sorts of creams and lotions.... no longer need them... I use an alum block,  aftershave, and moisturising cream

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:37 PM »
The Hydro 5 is also good. That's what I use for both my face and my head. As for the witch hazel, get something all natural. It's got a 14% alcohol content so there can be a bit of a sting when you use it but it's worthwhile. I use the Humphreys brand but there are others that are probably cheaper and just as good.
Hair is over rated.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:52:46 AM »
Thanks guys, what brand do you use for shaving cream? I've seen on here before, no menthol, is that right?

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
I also wanted to ask, will that jergens natural glow work if I still have hair? To get more color before the actual shave?

Enter your email address: