Author Topic: New to headblade atx  (Read 2547 times)

Offline baldaussie

• Learning the way of Sly
New to headblade atx
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
I have recently tried the headblade atx for the first time. I have never used any headblade product I was previously using  a Gillette Fusion. I did like the ATX except I had some trouble getting close enough on some parts on the back of my head. I was using the HB4 blade and was thinking of changing blades to try and get closer. I was hoping for some opinions on weather to go for the HB3 or the HB6.
Any feed back or suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: New to headblade atx
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »
Welcome to the sly fraternity.  I'm not a headblader but we have several SBG members who use the HeadBlade.  Hope that they can chime in and help you out.  In the meantime post up in the Introductions Section of the Forum so we can give you a proper welcome.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tom Ford

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 10:14:03 PM »
Hey mate, I'm very similar to yourself.  I've only starting shaving my head for the past week.  Firstly with a traditional DE razor, and then with a headblade H4.  Like you, I had a rough area on the back of my head, but I had to go across the grain to get it. Once I did that, I was baby butt smooth all over.  ^-^

Good luck.

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 06:59:16 AM »
Hi and Welcome :)

Between the HB6, HB4, and the HB3 for the ATX, my vote goes to the HB6.  HB4 is not a bad cartridge and I do get a nice shave with it, I just like the shave I get with the HB6 a little more.  Personally, I don’t like using the HB3 Blades with the ATX.  It's a good blade but The Headblade Sport adapter is needed to fit it to the ATX razor.  For me, I find that it rests lower than what I’m comfortable with.

I love my headblade atx.  Though, I do feel that the shock absorber like adapter that can make it a little more of a forgiving razor can also make it not shave as close on the back of my head … specifically the nape area.

While it’s probably not recommended, one of the (probably bad) habits I’ve been getting into is resting my thumb along the edge of the blade cartridge.  For me this minimizes the flexing of the adapter and allows me to shave the back of my head a little closer.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 01:54:58 PM »
I love headblade but I could never get on with the ATX. I just felt it wasn't as good as the sport, and I would always end up pulling the sport out to go over my head at the end of the shave. ATX no thank you but the sport is the best razor for the head I have ever come across.

Offline Luzizrus

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 11:07:40 PM »
I found this forum a lot. And I like it the most.

Offline Headgas

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:51 AM »
I use the headboard atx four blade.  I tried the six blade but I wasn't as happy with it.  Honestly I want a smooth shave.  I want to run my hands over my head and feel nothing rough at all.  But it's hard to get it just right.  I go over and over it. Back and forth. Side to side. And still I'm not that happy.  I don't know if a mach or fusion would be better, though I've heard they are good.  I only shave in the shower and I do nothing before and after besides rinsing my head off before and after. Any suggestions?