Author Topic: Appearance pet peeves  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
  • No Hair,Don't Care. I'm Bald and Beautiful!
Appearance pet peeves
« on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »
There is nothing more sexier than a man who takes pride in his appearance. Example,I was on the bus heading home from Downtown Denver when this very handsome-and bald- gentleman sat next to me. He didn't see me checking him out,but I can tell that he took great pride in his appearance. He was wearing a three piece suit(which I absolutely love),his nails were manicured and his shoes were nicely polished.

Here is my question,gentleman...what is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to your appearance,or a lady's appearance?

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
Re: Appearance pet peeves
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:29:17 PM »
I would have to say cleanliness.  I can't stand to be dirty and I hold high standards in regards to that. With me, I always make sure my head is clean shaven and my beard is shaped up before I go out. I also make sure my clothes are neat and that I smell good.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 12:19:39 AM »
My biggest pet peeve is when people don't match their clothes. I don't care if they are dressed in the fanciest of clothes, but at least be color coordinated.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 11:06:36 AM »
One of my biggest pet peeves is dirty long fingernails. Before I go out,I always check my nails to make sure they're cut and clean. I keep a small nail cutter with me at all times.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 11:15:54 AM »
I agree with AJ.  Cleanliness is most important.  One thing that puzzles me is seeing a guy in a good suit with the pants dragging on the floor. Or with scuffed shoes.  A good tailor and shoe shine - both necessary.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 11:20:16 AM »
How about the "man bun". I'm seeing it alot. Can't help but think this is so feminine looking. Guess they're just running out of new fads to try.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 11:28:33 AM »
How about the "man bun". I'm seeing it alot. Can't help but think this is so feminine looking. Guess they're just running out of new fads to try.

Agree, Mike, not a good look.  I also saw a pretty shocking skullet the other day.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 11:09:39 PM »

I'm not a fan of it either guys.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »
Ah yes, the "samurai bun". Doesn't really work unless you are carrying two swords. :)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »
...what is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to your appearance,or a lady's appearance?

For either sex, mine is people who wear ill fitting clothing or clothing that is inappropriate for the location or event. Examples: shorts and flip flops in a courtroom or sanctuary, or a size M shirt stretched over a size 2XL stomach.

I also don't understand why anyone thinks someone else wants to see his/her underwear. I sure don't want to see a guy's boxers because the waistband of his pants is below his butt. I also have no desire to see a woman's bra because her top is an incomparable style or has insufficient fabric to cover the straps.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 04:44:02 PM »
This !!  Have some respect for where you are and for those around you!

For either sex, mine is people who wear ill fitting clothing or clothing that is inappropriate for the location or event. Examples: shorts and flip flops in a courtroom or sanctuary, or a size M shirt stretched over a size 2XL stomach.

I also don't understand why anyone thinks someone else wants to see his/her underwear. I sure don't want to see a guy's boxers because the waistband of his pants is below his butt. I also have no desire to see a woman's bra because her top is an incomparable style or has insufficient fabric to cover the straps.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 07:49:51 PM »
My pet peeve is when eye brows and nose hairs are not trimmed.

Offline Nikki

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 09:46:16 PM »
As a woman...even I do not like the "man bun".

Agree, Mike, not a good look.  I also saw a pretty shocking skullet the other day.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 06:18:15 AM »
My biggest pet peeve about appeRance is smell, I really don't mind how people are dressed. During the summer I wear t shirt and shorts and Birkenstocks all the time and during the winter I wear flannel shirts and jeans and cowboy boots. I happen to do a laid back relaxed look personally but I recognize that all of us has our personal tastes but I do feel that we all need to exercise a certain extent of personal cleanliness as I don't want to smell a stinky hippie all day.