Author Topic: Wahl 5 Star Shaver Foil  (Read 2093 times)

Offline ForeverStudent

• Learning the way of Sly
Wahl 5 Star Shaver Foil
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
Hello, I have been using the Wahl 5 star shaver to shave my head bald, and I have gone through 2 foils due to cracks in 3 weeks. Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Wahl 5 Star Shaver Foil
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:58:57 PM »
Are you applying a lot of pressure on the foils?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Beadog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:45 PM »
I wonder if your blades are faulty or misaligned?  This seems like a faulty device to me. Can you return to for another unit?

Offline ForeverStudent

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:43 AM »
I suspect I may be using too much pressure and will try to ease off of it.

If the blades are misaligned, but I get new ones everytime, then is the fault with the actual device?

Thanks!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
I suspect I may be using too much pressure and will try to ease off of it.

If the blades are misaligned, but I get new ones everytime, then is the fault with the actual device?

Thanks!
If you are putting pressure on to the foil you are just grinding the edge of those blades down to stumps!  You shouldn't be using any more pressure than it takes to hold the machine up to your head.  Put the machine in one hand and use the other hand to stretch the skin up reasonably tight.  Then, move the machine first up against and then down with, the grain.

when my barber used that machine using the stretch method he gets my scalp as smooth as a baby's butt!

Enter your email address: