Author Topic: Happy Independence Day  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Happy Independence Day
« on: July 03, 2015, 01:43:59 AM »
For those of you that are here in the States or will be celebrating elsewhere, have a fun and safe 4th of July!

I'll be travelling the next couple of days so I wanted to wish you this before I was away from the computer.

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Happy Independence Day
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:48:59 AM »
And I echo Tyler's sentiment:  Happy Fourth of July!!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:29:20 AM »
Happy 4th, gentlemen!
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:41:23 AM »
Happy Independence Day!
Hair is over rated.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »
For those of you that are here in the States or will be celebrating elsewhere, have a fun and safe 4th of July!

I'll be travelling the next couple of days so I wanted to wish you this before I was away from the computer.
Hi Tyler:  Safe travels my friend and a Happy 4th to you, also. 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
I also wanted to extend my wishes for a very safe and fun Independence Day to you and your families.  On a side note . . . kindly share what you will be doing to celebrate the 4th.

I'll start.  I will have a very simple Independence Day.  I am off from work this weekend so I will spend it with my beautiful wifey and adorable daughter with a nice, little cookout at the backyard just us three.    Happy 4th gents ! ! !

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:49 AM »
C'mon gents . . . kindly post up and let us know what you will be doing on the 4th.

WARHAWK O0

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 11:20:41 AM »
I got up early and took my mountain bike into the woods. I get a real appreciation for how beautiful our country can be. I'm thankful I live in an area that is urban ish, yet I can be in pure serenity in minutes.

Will be leaving soon to travel south about an hour - Fairfield County CT - to visit my cousin and his family. My kids have other plans, but he has three little ones. Should be fun (ish) LOL.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th! (I worked today but I got paid triple-time!) $$$
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 06:16:08 PM »
Happy 4th.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:32:25 AM »
OK, a day late, but I was not on the computer much on the 4th, except to arrange music.  I was using 'Band in a Box' to create accompaniments of hymns which I then play on the piano.  End result. Piano lead. Picked classical guitar, bass, maybe light percussion all playing together.

For the 4th, I was up for breakfast at 7 with a friend. Had coffee at his place. Pigmy Rhino Hit Squad Dark, a local roast.  Nice, dark, full bodied.  Then about an hour later scrambled eggs with cheese.

Headed out for the parade. 75 minutes. The only local parade.  Very nice. Sat with another family. I think that just about every float in the parade had one or more bald guys in it.  Lots of shaved heads in the crowd. 

Came home for brats and roasted turnips (from the garden) on the grill.  Took a nap in the afternoon.  More fine food: hot dogs, for dinner.  Played a game of Rumikube with the family. Headed out to town again ( about .75 miles) and sat on knoll to watch the fireworks.  It was about a 25 minute arial display.  Then home for bed.

Nice day.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:42:52 AM by mrzed »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 04:37:12 AM »
Hope this is not considered a Hijack of the thread.  It is a July 4th weekend Highlight. 

My co-worker, Joe, announced this week that he was finally ready to do a mohawk haircut.  He's been talking about this for years.  He asked me to come over and help to get the lines straight. As he has never shaved his head before, asked for a lesson on that too.

So Friday morning, at 10, I went over with equipment in hand, and gave him a mohawk.  Shaved both sides of his head with a head blade and trimmed up to a mohawk roadway down the center of his head.  Suggested we put a double yellow line down the center, and white lines along each edge! (LOL), And his response?  "Why did I wait so long to do this?"  He really likes it.

I suspect after a little bit of showing off the mohawk, he'll shave down the rest of the hair and sport bald or very short buzz.

I'm looking forward to the comments Monday morning in the office.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:40:03 AM by mrzed »

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »
Happy late 4th everyone! Like mrzed, I wasn't on the computer much yesterday but enjoyed my day with friends and family.